Northern Arizona University — Flagstaff, Arizona
University of North Texas — Denton, Texas
Michigan State University / Mount Clemens General Hospital — Mount Clemens, Michigan
- Orthopedic Foot and Ankle Fellowship, Portland Foot and Ankle Center — South Portland, Maine
- AO/ASIF Fellowship — Bellinzona, Switzerland
- American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopedics
- American Osteopathic Association
- AO/ASIF Alumni Association
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
Research & Publications
- Castro MD, Ankle Fractures, Pearls: AO Trauma Foot & Ankle Symposium, Sydney September 2011
- Castro MD, The cavus foot: AO Trauma Foot & Ankle Symposium, Sydney September 2011
- Castro MD, Management of calcaneal fracture malunion: AO Trauma Foot & Ankle Symposium, Sydney September 2011
- Castro MD, Osteotomies of the calcaneus: AO Trauma Europe: Masters foot & ankle workshop, Lucerne April 2011
- Castro MD, Corrective osteotomies of the hindfoot: AO Trauma Foot & Ankle Symposium, Stockholm September 2010
- Castro MD, The agility total ankle: current concepts update. Sem Arthroplasty 21(4):267-74 2010.
- Chimera N, MD Castro, K Manal. Function and strength following gastrocnemius recession in subjects with isolated gastrocnemius contracture. Med Sci Sports Ex. 41(5):293, May 2009.
- Castro, MD, JP Maurer. Fractures of the ankle. Orthopaedic Knowledge Update 4:59-74 AAOS, Chicago 2009
- Brey J, MD Castro. Salvage of late effects of compartment syndrome in the leg and foot. Foot & Ankle Clinics, 13(4):767-772 December 2008
- Bowers AJ, MD Castro, The Mechanics Behind the Image: Foot and Ankle Pathology Associated with Gastrocnemius Contracture. Seminars in Musculoskeletal Radiology 2007 11(1):83-90
- Castro, MD, Insufficiency Fractures After Total Ankle Replacement. Techniques in Foot & Ankle Surgery. 6(1):15-21, March 2007
- Castro MD. Gastrocnemius recession: Technique and applications. AOFAS Specialty Day, San Diego 2007.
- Castro MD, The effects of equines, Jefferson University Hospital Musculoskeletal Imaging Symposium. Philadelphia, June 2006
- Castro MD. The effects of equines, University of Pennsylvania: Lower Extremity Update. Philadelphia, May 2006
- Castro, MD, Arthrodesis of the navicular. Foot Ankle Clin 2004; 9(1):73-83
- Castro, MD, J Chris Coetzee; Single and double arthrodesis for Grade III PTTI. Op tech ortho 2(4):232-236, December 2003
- Coetzee, JC, MD Castro; Accurate measurement of ankle range of motion after total ankle arthroplasty. CORR 2004 424:27-31
- Coetzee JC, MD Castro, The indications and biomechanical rationale for various hindfoot procedures in the treatment of posterior tibialis tendon dysfunction. Foot Ankle Clin. 2003 Sep;8(3):453-9.
- Castro, MD; Perspectives on biomechanics related to total ankle replacement. Foot Ankle Clin 2002; 7(4)679-693
- Castro, MD; Ankle Arthrodesis vs. Ankle Replacement 31st Annual Hennepin Country Medical Center Orthopaedic & Trauma Seminar Minneapolis 2001
- Castro, MD; Operative Treatment of Grade II Posterior Tibial Tendon Insufficiency Grand Rounds, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis 2001
- Castro, MD; Total Ankle Replacement: Pre-operative considerations Orthopaedic Learning Center, Rosemont 2001
- Castro, MD and Klaue, K; Revisiting an alternative technique for first MTP joint arthrodesis. Foot Ankle Int. 22:687-688, 2001.
- Castro, MD; Ankle Pain – When it’s not a sprain Minnesota Spring Training, Bloomington 2001
- Castro, MD; Surgical Treatment of Lateral Ankle Instability Minnesota Sports Medicine Spring Training, Bloomington 2001
- Castro, MD; Ankle and Subtalar Instability Minnesota Sports Medicine Spring Training, Bloomington 2001
- Castro, MD; Operative Treatment of Osteochondral Fractures of the Talus ACOS Boston 2000
- Castro, MD and GC Pomeroy; Lateral wall talus fracture nonunion: An etiology of persistent pain after lateral ankle sprain. AAOS 1999.
- Castro, MD and GC Pomeroy; Arthrodesis for degenerative disease of the hallux metatarsophalangeal and interphalangeal joints. Op Tech Ortho., 9(1): 1-7, 1999.
- Castro, MD and GC Pomeroy; Traumatic injuries to the midfoot and forefoot. Wilkins, pp. 113-132, 1998
- Castro, MD and RB Irwin; Aneurysmal bone cyst of the patella. Am J Ortho. 1996; 25(10):717-719
- Maddox, DM and MD Castro; Meniscal repair. American College of Osteopathic Surgeons, 1996
- Castro, MD; Complications in THA in the Community Hospital Setting: A 5 year Review. American College of Osteopathic Surgeons, 1995
- Castro, MD; Leischmaniasis in a returning gulf war vet. Michigan Academy of Osteopathic Physicians & Surgeons, 1992
- Castro, MD and SA Rasmussen; LDH isozymes in response to endurance and sprint training. Arizona Exercise Science & Sports Medicine Symposium, 1985
Spending time with my wife, watching with amazement as our little people grow, being outside and traveling