Celebrate Family Fitness At Saturday’s Lake Calhoun Y Run
Standing on the shores of sparkling Lake Calhoun with the Minneapolis skyline in the distance is one of the pleasures of life in the Twin Cities. On Saturday, you and your family are invited to join Summit Orthopedics at this beautiful lake for a recreation-packed morning filled with races and activities hosted by YMCA Twin Cities.
Both Summit and the YMCA support opportunities to help families thrive through active entertainment, and Saturday’s annual Y Run features events for every skill level. You can choose to participate in one of three separate races:
- The 10K starts at 8:45 a.m.
- The 5K begins at 9:00 a.m.
- A 1 Mile Fun Run/Walk kicks off at 8:15 a.m. and is perfect for beginners. This event includes special awards for all participating children.
Before and after the race, participants, friends, supporters, and family members looking for other kinds of activities can choose from a variety of events ranging from the competitive to the indulgent:
- Spartan Race™ is presenting an obstacle course featuring challenges including over-under walls, a low crawl, and a balance beam.
- Soccer clinics will be available for youngsters eager to hone their skills.
- The Y camps will be hosting kid-friendly games.
- The dancers in your family will enjoy music by DJs from the Y’s Beats and Rhymes program.
- Gather the whole family in the selfie booth for a casual family photo to capture the mood of the day.
- Relax with a chair massage.
- Check out the event’s selection of healthful refreshments.
Plan to arrive and register on site at the Lake Calhoun Executive Center Parking Lot, located at the northwest corner of Lake Calhoun and accessible from West Lake Calhoun Parkway or from Excelsior Boulevard.
This is healthy fun for a great cause, and we’d love to share the morning with your family. Funds raised by the event will be used to support the Y’s Healthy Living Programs and Services.
You can find more information about the race and registration at this link.
Meet the Expert: Doctor Bio Video Series
Dr. Mundrati’s advice to help patients manage back pain—and keep it from recurring.
Dr. Choi helps chronic pain sufferers understand the link between stress and back pain.