Join Summit At The 2017 North Star Grand Prix
Biking is one of our favorite ways to celebrate summer days; join Summit at the five-day North Star Grand Prix and Bicycle Festival to cheer on the racers and participate in biking activities designed for the whole family.
Summit Orthopedics is proud to be the Family Fun Riding sponsor of the 2017 North Star Grand Prix and Bicycle Festival, celebrated from June 14th through the 18th. The festival includes races and events for the whole family, at locations including Saint Paul, Cannon Falls, Uptown Minneapolis, North Mankato, and Stillwater.
The festival is packed with sunny activities for aspiring young bike racers and outdoor enthusiasts. Grab your bike helmets and join the fun at any of these family-friendly events:
- Drag races down huge Chilkoot Hill in Stillwater, Third Street in Cannon Falls, and Lookout Drive in Mankato give your children the opportunity to be on the same track as their favorite professional racer. The kids will be coasting downhill on some of the most challenging hills on the courses; later, they can cheer professional racers as they battle uphill to cross the pro race finish line.
- If you are looking for a more peaceful experience, try a family bike ride on Stillwater’s Brown’s Creek Bike Trail. After your ride, you can mingle with the festival crowds, enjoying music and local restaurants.
- For educational entertainment, visit the skills area at the Uptown Minneapolis site, where children will learn the fundamentals of mountain biking.
- If your children are too young for a two-wheeler, the Grand Avenue Trike Track is perfect. It gives youngsters just getting started on tricycles and balance bikes a cheerful participatory event of their own.
- Professional bike racing is an exciting, inspiring, and economical spectator sport. Join the crowds lining the course to clap, stomp, and cheer national elite racers as they compete in the time trials and races scheduled throughout the festival.
At Summit, we understand that when children associate healthy activity with entertaining fun, they are cultivating lifelong healthy habits. We encourage you to enjoy the beautiful Twin Cities biking trails during the festival and all summer long. And we have created a family fun guide to help you plan your summer biking excursions. Be sure to pick up our printed guide when you attend the North Star Grand Prix. Finally, we hope you will enjoy this bike-focused celebration even more knowing that a portion of festival proceeds will benefit Special Olympics Minnesota.
Check out our Family Fun Cycling Guide for more great tips and recommended Minnesota trails.
Learn more about Summit’s Cycling Program and personalized cycling evaluations.
Summit Orthopedics supports healthy communities
Community health flourishes when specialized orthopedic care is conveniently available close to home. Summit Orthopedics is proud of our fellowship-trained subspecialty teams offering the full spectrum of orthopedic expertise in bone, tendon, ligament, muscle, and joint conditions—in addition to our wellness, prevention, and rehabilitation services. We have the expertise to proactively improve fitness, evaluate discomfort, and deliver personalized treatment to quickly and safely return you to the lifestyle you love.
Start your journey to a healthier, more active self. Visit our Facebook page to learn about our wellness services and schedule a free wellness consultation online. Find your orthopedic expert, request an appointment online, or call us at (651) 968–5201 to schedule a consultation.
Summit has convenient locations across the Minneapolis-St. Paul metro area, serving Minnesota and western Wisconsin. We have state-of-the-art centers for comprehensive orthopedic care in Eagan, MN, Plymouth, MN, Vadnais Heights, MN, and Woodbury, MN, as well as additional community clinics throughout the metro and southern Minnesota.
Summit Orthopedics Relocates Landmark Surgery Center
The new Landmark Surgery Center offers a more convenient location and expanded treatments for hand and spine patients.
Who Treats Back Pain: Neurosurgeons or Back Surgeons?
Learning about the skills of neurosurgeons and back surgeons can help you choose the right specialist.
Ten Summit Physicians Named Top Doctors in 2019
Meet the 10 Summit physicians honored as Top Doctors this year.