HEALTHY + ACTIVE Magazine: Spine Edition
>> Click the icon in the lower right corner to view the magazine in full screen.
About the Magazine
HEALTHY + ACTIVE is designed and written by the team of spine specialists at Summit Orthopedics to provide everyday tips, tools, and expert advice to help you in your journey to live a healthier, more active lifestyle. Each edition has a different focus such as arthritis, sports medicine, or in this case spine. We hope you enjoy reading! In this edition, you will find information on:
- Healthy eating
- Choosing the right pillow
- Proper lifting techniques
- Self care tips
- Walking to better spine health
- Finding the right walking shoe
- Tips to fight “text neck”
- Travel tips to protect your back
- Heat vs. ice
- Information on minimally invasive spine surgery & disc replacement surgery
- Exercises for a healthy spine
Summit Orthopedics offers comprehensive spine expertise
Summit Orthopedics’ Spine Care program is recognized by the National Committee for Quality Assurance for the comprehensive expertise of our patient-centered care. Our back specialists diagnose spine problems and design custom treatment plans built on a conservative, nonsurgical approach. Most patients find relief through treatments including guided injections, specialized physical therapy, biofeedback, exercise, activity modification, and medication. When conservative care does not relieve symptoms, our highly skilled surgeons offer proven, evidence-based surgical options. Together with you, we will determine the right course of action.
Summit has convenient locations across the Minneapolis-St. Paul metro area, serving Minnesota and western Wisconsin. We have state-of-the-art centers for comprehensive orthopedic care in Eagan, MN, Plymouth, MN, Vadnais Heights, MN, and Woodbury, MN, as well as additional community clinics throughout the metro and southern Minnesota.
Additional resources for you
- Ask Dr. Sabers: What Questions Should I Ask Before Committing To A Pain Treatment Program?
- Discover Summit’s comprehensive spine care services
- Take a free risk assessment to learn more about the health of your back, neck, and spine
- Dr. Mundrati’s Top Tip To Manage Back Pain
- Was An English King Unjustly Maligned For Curvature Of The Spine?
- Check out the Arthritis Edition of our HEALTHY + ACTIVE Magazine
Dr. Choi explains how spinal cord stimulation works to relieve chronic back pain.
At Summit, injections are one of the conservative treatments offered for back pain. Dr. Santos explains how injections can be used to diagnose, as well as treat, a painful back condition.
Exercise is one of the best preventative measures we can take to maintain good health. Generally, exercise increases physical strength and improves longevity. Specific exercises can also address and improve many types of spine pain.