Welcoming The New Year With Medical Expertise Designed To Support Your Health Goals
As we ring in a new year, we review our growth in 2017 and renew our commitment to your good health.
Happy New Year from all of us at Summit Orthopedics
As Summit Orthopedics moves into a new year, we reflect on our progress in 2017 and our commitment to your future good health. We are honored that you have trusted us with your health, and proud of the steps we’ve taken in 2017 to provide you with the best in orthopedic care.
2017 in review
As the new year begins, Summit Orthopedics supports your health with nationally recognized orthopedic expertise.
- Summit’s Vadnais Heights Surgery Center was one of only two facilities nationwide to receive a Gold Seal of Approval® for Advanced Certification for Total Hip and Total Knee Replacement from The Joint Commission. The Joint Commission is a nonprofit group that evaluates and recognizes excellence in health care quality and value. We opened a second surgery center in Eagan to extend outpatient ambulatory surgical care and advanced surgical procedures to more of the Twin Cities community.
- Summit welcomed anesthesiologists Dr. Doug Dubbink, Stephen Gott, and Dr. Thomas Losasso to our surgical team. Lead anesthesiologist Dr. Dubbink provides an anesthesia experience designed with the same thoughtful care we have invested in our world-class surgery centers, highly trained surgical and rehabilitation teams, and luxurious patient accommodations. New intraoperative protocols employ an array of nonopioid medications to control pain and keep patients as comfortable and safe as possible.
- Our orthopedic services have expanded to include the Minnesota communities of Northfield, Faribault, Farmington, and Lakeville.
- On June 6, 2017, Summit Orthopedics and HealthEast, part of Fairview Health Services, announced that their boards of directors have approved a comprehensive inpatient and outpatient agreement. Summit became HealthEast’s exclusive orthopedic care partner, creating a model for orthopedic care delivery that hadn’t previously existed in the Minnesota marketplace.
- Summit sports medicine specialists and our wellness center offer an array of programs to support physical performance. Among them, our popular ASCEND Return to Sport program bridges the gap between standard postoperative rehabilitation therapy and the performance goals of committed athletes and active professionals. ASCEND empowers these individuals to reclaim a higher level of physical performance following surgery.
- Our physicians continue to be recognized as top doctors and rising stars.
- David Strothman and Nicholas Wills were recognized—again—among the 383 doctors representing 43 specialties in 2017’s Mpls.St.Paul Magazine list of “Rising Stars.”
- Both St.Paul Magazine and Minnesota Monthly magazine included seven Summit physicians among their 2017 Top Doctors lists.
- Our spine, sports medicine, upper extremity, and lower extremity teams now offer more fellowship-trained physicians and surgeons than ever to provide you with multidisciplinary expert care.
- Three OrthoQUICK bone and joint injury clinics—in Woodbury, Eagan, and Vadnais Heights—are open daily and welcome walk-ins. These clinics are designed to care for busy families and individuals who want walk-in access to specialized care for bone and joint injuries.
Medical services designed to support your good health in the new year
In 2018, we are committed to serving our community with medical innovation, state-of-the-art health care, and a convenient and caring patient experience. Helping you realize your health resolutions is our most meaningful measure of success.
More resources for you
- Read about our top doctors in Mpls. St. Paul Magazine and in Minnesota Monthly Magazine.
- Learn more about the advanced certification recognition of our surgery center.
- Read about how Summit’s approach makes anesthesia safer.
- Learn how volunteer healthcare teams from Summit serve global needs at One World Surgery Center.
“My goal is to improve my patient’s surgical experience. I strive to provide calm gentle reassurance for patients who are anxious about anesthesia and ensure that every patient is skillfully cared for throughout their entire procedure. When a patient awakens after surgery and openly wonders why they were so nervous previously, I know I’ve done my job.”
“Anesthesia and surgery can be a very anxious experience for most patients. It is my responsibility to ease that anxiety and fear. By applying the latest in anesthesia techniques and pharmacology to your specific surgery, I am able to optimize your safety and comfort throughout your surgical course.”
“At Summit, we use cutting-edge anesthesia and surgical protocols to optimize patient outcomes, but it’s also important to understand that each patient is special and has unique needs, wants, concerns, and fears regarding their care. Recognizing this helps us to customize the experience. We provide patients with state-of-the-art anesthesia care and an experience like no other - my personal goal is to make it great and to make it easy for you.”
“Spinal disorders are complex and disabling. As your surgeon I will explain your diagnosis and treatment options, both operative and non-operative, in a way that you can understand thereby allowing you to make informed decisions. I am rewarded daily by improving the quality of life of patients receiving my care.”
Find out if you qualify for a medical mission scholarship through One World Surgery.
Learn how One World Surgery’s volunteer healthcare teams serve global needs.
Learn about whether you need medical evaluation if your legs give out.