Summit Wellness Services Offer Tailored Training
Summit’s personalized individual and group fitness classes offer you a tailored training experience.
When we think about exercise, most of us picture a large gym, an array of intimidating equipment, and the scrutiny of young athletic fitness buffs. It’s enough to give anyone pause. For that reason, Summit’s wellness services offer a comfortable and personalized alternative to the big-box gym environment. Our performance specialists offer tailored training programs designed to help you achieve your personal goals.
Tailored training designed to your abilities
Our facilities at the HealthEast Sports Center are open to anyone in the community, but we are different from the typical gym membership model. First, we meet with you to learn about your fitness goals. Then, we schedule a series of one-on-one tailored training sessions with a performance specialist. For some people, a series of six sessions over six weeks gives them the jump-start they need. However, we have other clients who decide to continue indefinitely with the same performance specialist.
Nearly everyone in our facility is working with a performance specialist or physical therapist. As a result, it’s a much more private experience and very different from a big gym environment. It’s important to us to meet you where you are. We’ve had clients tell us what a difference it makes to be in a comfortable environment where they don’t need fancy workout clothes and don’t feel self-conscious. Our focus is on helping you to safely and gradually build strength and balance.
An unparalleled level of personalized fitness
We create tailored training programs for each individual client. Furthermore, for clients who train as couples or in groups of friends, our performance specialists are still tailoring to the abilities of each individual. Even in our group yoga and fitness classes, our instructors respond to individual needs. There’s always a way to modify a yoga pose or core exercise so that everyone can participate. Above all, we are here to encourage every member of the family to embrace an active life. And we know that everyone, regardless of age, can benefit from exercise.
Tailored training programs for everyone in the family
We offer a wide range of training options and fitness classes. There’s really something for everyone. And during the month of October, you can try any group fitness class at no charge. It’s a great way to explore options and find the one that’s best for you. And if you do find a class you love, you’ll get a discount when you purchase a fitness package in November.
Classes offered free in October through the Summit wellness center include:
- Yoga for joint health and arthritis. Held every Wednesday morning, this yoga class focuses on developing strength and stability.
- Family yoga. Held on Wednesday evenings, this class reflects Summit’s commitment to family and to encouraging everyone in the family to be active.
- Yoga sculpt. This popular class uses a higher-intensity, more workout-based approach that incorporates yoga positions. Participants have the option to use very light weights to challenge themselves.
- Midday mixed class. This lunchtime class is taught Tuesdays and Thursdays by performance specialists Heidi Corbett and Jeff Cassellius. It offers traditional circuit-based strength training.
- Challenge class. This class is based on the boot camp style of class so popular now. Offered on Monday evenings, the class is designed for people who want a workout that will raise their heart rate and increase strength. It utilizes circuit and interval training. Like all Summit group classes, instructors are happy to tailor training to individual needs.
You can be a beginner in any of our classes. Whatever class you are in, we can modify each exercise to make sure you feel comfortable. We always have a few people in the class who have never done yoga or a workout class. If that’s your situation, don’t let hesitancy stop you. Our instructors are very open and willing to working with people at every level of familiarity. Above all, we are there to create tailored training to support you through your workout.
Summit + The Power House helps you meet your fitness goals
Summit Orthopedics partners with performance experts from The Power House to bring comprehensive, highly-tailored fitness services to you. Whether you are a first-timer in the gym or a competitive athlete, our coaches and trainers have all the tools, resources, and expertise to create programs that fit your needs and help you achieve your performance goals. Everyone is welcome, you don’t need to be a patient of Summit to take advantage of these offerings.
Start your journey towards your health and fitness goals today. Schedule a free consultation at the HealthEast Sports Center location online, or call (651) 968-5766. Find the group fitness class that works with your schedule. Visit The Power House Facebook page to learn all about the events we offer to safely promote good health throughout your life.
More resources for you
- Read about how: Summit wellness services can complement physical therapy
- Improving Balance With Tai Chi
- Summit Performance Specialists Transform Attitudes About Exercise
- Group Fitness Programs: Summit Wellness Center Has Something For Everyone
- Learn more about: Summit’s customized approach to fitness
- Summit Wellness Resources Support The Twin Cities’ Top Fitness Ranking
“High school and college athletics played a very central role in my life; they are what inspired me to pursue a career in the health and wellness field. It is my goal to share my passion with others, to teach others to live healthy and active lifestyles, and to motivate others to pursue health throughout their lifetime.”
It’s easy to believe no one likes to exercise—until you talk with people who can’t wait until their next session with a Summit strength trainer.
The holidays are touted as a joyful time of year, but the demands and indulgences of the celebratory season can add more than a little stress to the festivities. Summit’s Wellness Center is designed to help you emphasize the “happy”—and the “healthy”—in the holidays.