Summit Orthopedics is driven to help your athletes reach their fullest potential through a variety of different training strategies. With the help of our speed, agility, power, strength, and endurance training systems, we at Summit Orthopedics can help your teams reach their peak performance.
Our Performance Specialists assess the needs of your sport and specific team in order to individualize a training program to help your athletes increase their power, strength, and speed, while emphasizing injury prevention. After training with us, your athletes will be stronger, more confident, and less likely to get injured. Our team at Summit Orthopedics not only develops better athletes, but also promotes lifelong strategies for maintaining a healthy and active lifestyle.
Who can participate?
Summit Orthopedics has programs available for athletic teams from fourth grade through college, as well as individuals from kids to seniors.
Learn more about the age groups we work with and the benefits of customized performance, strength and conditioning training.
Where does the program take place?
We recently built a state-of-the-art health and wellness facility at the HealthEast Sports Center in Woodbury, Minnesota. Performance training primarily takes place in our HealthEast Sports Center facilities and the field house. We can also work with teams if off-site training is desired.
What we do:
Summit’s customized, tailor-made performance programs combine many of the following components:
- Speed: Proper running mechanics are essential to improving both starting and top-end speed. We will teach athletes how to run efficiently, and push them to always reach for their next gear.
- Agility: Efficient and controlled movements are required for an athlete to rapidly change direction. By reinforcing proper movement patterns, athletes will be less prone to injury during high-speed, game conditions.
- Power: Success in athletics often relies on the power production of your athlete. We will teach your athletes to jump higher, run faster, and throw farther, encouraging success in a competition.
- Strength: Stronger athletes are more powerful, more confident, and can out-perform the competition.
- Endurance: Outlast the competition through general and sport-specific training designed to maximize your athletes’ capacity to perform during a game, as well as promoting faster recovery times.
In addition, Summit has access to athletic trainers, registered dietitians, physical therapists, and orthopedic surgeons. Our team is committed to providing care in all areas of health and wellness, from game performance and injury prevention, to care and recovery, and everything in between.
Added benefits for Summit Orthopedics patients
If you are a patient of Summit Orthopedics you have the option to allow your performance specialist and Summit physician and/or physical therapist to communicate directly about your progress. This gives you a more integrated care team where everyone is working together to help you get where you want to be. At Summit, we are pleased to offer this innovative model of care to the Twin Cities as another way we support healthy, active lifestyles.
Coming soon: Online scheduling of performance training
Jack Skendzel, M.D., one of Summit Orthopedics’ sports medicine experts, shares his best advice for avoiding stress fractures during the summer outdoor sports season.
Our 2020 Top Doctors awardees are Dr. Kristoffer Breien, Dr. Peter Daly, Dr. Jack Drogt, Dr. Michael Forseth, Dr. James Gannon, Dr. Peter Parten, Dr. Edward Santos, Dr. David Strothman, Dr. Andrew Thomas, Dr. Amy Beacom, and Dr. Erik Ekstrom.
We asked Summit spine specialist Catherine Choi, M.D., to share her best tips for keeping your back and neck pain-free when working from home.