Dr. Peter Swann’s Approach to Care
“My training as a former Army physician was all about providing high quality care to speed recovery and return soldiers to mission readiness. My civilian mission is the same; speedy diagnosis and effective treatment to speed employee return to health and work.”
Dartmouth College — Hanover, NH
Tufts University School of Medicine — Boston, MA
Family Practice Residency
Silas B. Hayes Army Community Hospital — Fort Ord, CA
Certified Medical Review Officer
- American College of Occupational and Environmental Medicine.
Designated as a Fellow of the College in 2013.
- Western Occupational and Environmental Medicine Association: Chair of Legislative Committee 2003-08, Secretary and Newsletter Editor 2004 – 10.
- Authored ongoing Utilization Review column; articles selected by California State Insurance Fund for training network physicians.
- American Academy of Family Physicians. Board Certified Family Practice, July 1991. Recertified 1998, 2005. Designated as a Fellow of the Academy in 1995.
- Joint Service Achievement Medal | March 4, 1994 | For Exceptionally Meritorious Achievement as Chief, Primary Care Service, Medical Element, Joint Task Force-Bravo, Soto Cano Air Base, Republic of Honduras
- Army Commendation Medal | May 24, 1994 | For Outstanding Meritorious Achievement Leading a Process Action Team, Greatly Improving the Hospital’s Timely and Appropriate Access to Primary Care.
- Army Commendation Medal | March 16, 1995 | For Outstanding Meritorious Achievement During Bayne-Jones Army Community Hospital’s Triennial Accreditation Survey.