Strength and Conditioning: It’s Not Just For Athletes
For the performance specialists at the Summit Orthopedics HealthEast Sports Center, the focus is on helping you reach the health goals that enable you to live the life of your dreams.
The indoor field and hockey rink at Summit Orthopedics’ HealthEast Sports Center may be designed for athletic competition, but Summit knows that athletes aren’t alone in benefiting from strength and conditioning training. Our performance specialists focus on the individual. Whether you are an athlete, want the agility to play with your grandchildren, or need better posture at your desk job, we’ll design a strength and conditioning program just for you.
At HealthEast Sports Center, performance specialist Jeff Cassellius works with clients as young as nine years of age. “By the time a child is nine years old, evidence shows that it’s safe to work on strength and begin weight training,” says Jeff. “And there is no upper age limit; everyone nine years old and older can benefit from the tailored services we offer.”
- Speed. Performance specialists work with competitive runners who want to improve their running mechanics, grandparents who want to keep up with tiny tots, and everyone in between.
- Agility. Using efficient movement patterns can keep athletes at the top of their game, and help older clients reduce their risk of falls and injuries.
- Power. Whether you want to jump higher, run faster, throw farther, or maintain the ability to handle your arthritis while continuing to perform daily tasks, we can help.
- Strength. Well-conditioned muscles boost athletic performance, help us to maintain proper posture at our computer, and reduce risk of injury.
- Endurance. When you are able to maximize your physical performance, you can play longer, make full use of your gardening time during our summer season, and recover more quickly if you do suffer an injury.
Strength and conditioning programs focus on injury prevention. Our performance specialists want to keep you out of our Summit clinics and safely engrossed in the activities you love. We prevent injury from happening when we can by improving strength and flexibility, and by enforcing proper movement patterns.
Performance specialists are passionate about improving health—even in little ways. The benefits are far-reaching. Summit’s programs can help with aches and pains—and they can improve attitude by having a positive effect on mental health. These specialists are in this field because they love it, and want others to be healthy and to share the enthusiasm that they feel.
“We work with anyone and everyone to meet their goals,” Jeff confirms. “Whether your goal is weight loss, gaining strength, or improving your flexibility, there are a ton of different things that we can do to help, and we will always design a plan specifically for you, that reflects your goals and values. We are invested in making our community healthier—one client at a time.”
Summit + The Power House helps you meet your fitness goals
Summit Orthopedics partners with performance experts from The Power House to bring comprehensive, highly-tailored fitness services to you. Whether you are a first-timer in the gym or a competitive athlete, our coaches and trainers have all the tools, resources, and expertise to create programs that fit your needs and help you achieve your performance goals. Everyone is welcome, you don’t need to be a patient of Summit to take advantage of these offerings.
Start your journey towards your health and fitness goals today. Schedule a free consultation at the HealthEast Sports Center location online, or call (651) 968-5766. Find the group fitness class that works with your schedule. Visit The Power House Facebook page to learn all about the events we offer to safely promote good health throughout your life.
More resources for you
- Tips For Safe Golfing Through The Summer
- You Need Less Exercise Than You May Think To Live Longer
- Post-Workout Tips For Healthy Exercise
- Who Are Summit’s Strength Training Clients?
- Strength Training Goals Are More Diverse Than You Might Think
- Summit’s Wellness Program Strength Training: A Firsthand Report
“High school and college athletics played a very central role in my life; they are what inspired me to pursue a career in the health and wellness field. It is my goal to share my passion with others, to teach others to live healthy and active lifestyles, and to motivate others to pursue health throughout their lifetime.”
Summit physical therapist Joe Herdzina, PT, DPT, OCS, SCS, explores the connection between orthopedic injury and mental health struggles like depression and anxiety.
Summit hand and upper extremity surgeon — and elite collegiate hockey player — J.P. Delaney, M.D., discusses the most common hand and wrist injuries among hockey players.