Have questions about knee replacement surgery? Summit is here with the answers. Introducing our new patient guide, “Considering Total Knee Replacement? We Have Everything You Need to Know.”
If you’re among the millions of Americans who struggle with knee arthritis, you already know all about pain. When nonsurgical treatment options like ibuprofen, physical therapy, and injections are no longer helping to ease symptoms, many people start to consider surgery.
Total knee replacement is one of the most successful surgical procedures available. Nearly 800,000 total knee replacement surgeries are performed in the United States each year, and studies show that more than 80 percent of knee implants last more than 25 years.
What’s in our total knee replacement guide
In this free, downloadable booklet, you’ll learn valuable information and gain helpful tools to aid you as you consider total knee replacement surgery. Topics covered in this guide include:
- A review of the nonsurgical treatment options for knee arthritis
- An overview of the total knee replacement procedure
- How to decide when is the right time for total knee replacement
- Ways to keep your knees healthy before surgery
- How to decide between a surgery center and a hospital for your procedure
- How to prepare for surgery
- Total knee replacement at Summit
- What to expect on the day of surgery
- What to expect after surgery
- Tips for a successful recovery
- A checklist of questions to help you evaluate your readiness for surgery
If severe knee pain is stopping you from living the life you love, it may be time to learn more about total knee replacement. Download our free guide, and then talk with your Summit knee specialist. Your Summit team is here to help you make the right decision for you.
When to seek treatment for your arthritis
Arthritis doesn’t have to spell the end of an active life. We work with you to confirm a diagnosis and then develop an appropriate treatment plan. If nonsurgical treatments fail to support your lifestyle goals, fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeons will consult with you and discuss appropriate surgical options. Start your journey to healthier joints. Find your arthritis expert, then request an appointment online, or call us at (651) 968–5201 to schedule a consultation.