Informed decisions lead to great outcomes.
Every patient is a member of our Summit team. Our goal is to empower you to make educated and informed choices regarding your medical care. Through a team approach, access to sub-specialty and multidisciplinary resources is enhanced, and educational opportunities are increased.
We encourage you to ask questions, and we’ve provided a great checklist of topics for you to address as part of your appointment:
- What is the technical name of my disease or condition, and what does it mean in plain English?
- What is my prognosis (outlook for the future)?
- How soon do I need to make a decision about treatment?
- Will I need any additional tests, and if so what kind and when?
- What are my treatment options?
- What are the pros and cons of my treatment options?
- Now that I have this diagnosis, what changes will I need to make in my daily life?
- What resources do you recommend for further information?