Athletic Trainer - FLOAT
Requisition Number: ATHLE001907Apply Online
Posted on August 4, 2022
**Eligible for $5,000 sign-on bonus**
We care, we heal, we succeed together.
Join an environment where everyone takes part and works together toward the goal of high-quality care for our patients. Where we’ll look out for you, recognize your success, and do everything we can to support your professional and personal development. Life is exciting at Summit Orthopedics. When you join the Summit Family, you’ll see exactly why.
As the Athletic Trainer on our team, you’ll use your full scope of skills to provide clinical support in the provision of quality orthopedic care and treatment of patients. You’ll work hand in hand with physicians and advanced practice providers; and work with local high school and community partnerships.
This is a full-time role that will provide support to various Summit locations. Primarily based at the Vadnais Heights location. Travel between locations will be required.
How You’ll Help Enrich Patient’s Lives:
- Room patients, obtain patient health histories, and perform initial and secondary assessments of patients.
- Document patient information and care provided in patient’s medical record.
- Complete forms and documentation needed by patients, employers, or insurance companies.
- Assessment of post-operative wounds and provide standardized instruction in wound care.
- Provide standardized patient education instructions, verbal or written.
- Act as liaison between the patient/family and physician and as a resource to clinical staff in answering orthopedic-related questions.
- Travel to and provide coverage to any of Summit’s outreach clinical locations and/or indoor or outdoor athletic events, as assigned.
- Clean and stock patient exam rooms.
What We Desire:
- Bachelor's Degree in Athletic Training (Newly graduated applicants will be considered)
- Current BOC certification with the Board of Certification for the Athletic Trainer
- Must be licensed, and in good standing, with the MN Board of Medical Practice
- One or more years as an ATC in orthopedic/clinical setting
Summit Ortho Total Rewards
- 401K with profit sharing contribution
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, & Vision Benefits
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Gym membership discounts
- Education Reimbursement
- Home & Auto Insurance policy discounts
About Summit Orthopedics
What we have here at Summit is special. We are physician owned and understand the true value of coming together in collaboration to serve others. We work together to provide our patients with the means to achieve an excellent quality of life via orthopedic health and wellness. Our history as a group of physicians grounded in orthopedic expertise is one story, but we believe our story is most meaningful in the context of your stories.
Build the meaningful, impactful career your talent and passion deserve
Surround yourself with teammates who are equally committed to improving and restoring the quality of life of the patients and communities we serve. Receive the personal and professional support you need to be your best and do your finest work. We are seeking enthusiastic, lifelong learners to join our team in a wide variety of professional disciplines at Summit Orthopedics, where you are appreciated and celebrated.
Join our team today!
Summit Health ASO, provides administrative and clinical support to our full spectrum of orthopedic care services in our sub-specialty clinics, walk-in care at our OrthoQUICK clinics, imaging, bracing, therapy, surgery, and post-surgical stays at our Care Suites. Our expert teams are part of the 1000+ employees who partner to provide quality services and care designed to support a healthier, more active lifestyle.
Summit Orthopedics is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations of federal, state and local governing boards and/or agencies.
- Required: Basic Life Support
- Preferred: Masters in Athletic Training
- Required: Bachelors in Athletic Training
- Preferred: Newly graduated applicants will be considered. One or more years as an ATC, orthopedic/clinical preferred.
Licenses & Certifications
- Required: Cert Athletic Trainer
- Required: Licensed Athletic Trainer