Casual Surg Tech
Requisition Number: CASUA002018Apply Online
Posted on October 4, 2022
This Summit Orthopedics position is subject to the requirements outlined in the recent Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) Final Rule making Covid-19 vaccinations mandatory for employees in most health care settings, including those in Ambulatory Surgery Centers. Candidates for employment who will perform work within any of Summit’s Ambulatory Surgery Centers will need to be fully vaccinated, which means at least two weeks post final vaccine, or have been granted an approved medical or religious exemption prior to a start date.
This position is eligible for a $1,000 sign-on bonus.
We care, we heal, we succeed together.
Join an environment where everyone takes part and works together toward the goal of high-quality care for our patients. Where we’ll look out for you, recognize your success, and do everything we can to support your professional and personal development. Life is exciting at Summit Orthopedics. When you join the Summit Family, you’ll see exactly why.
As the Surgical Technologist, you’ll function as an integral member of the surgical team. With your expertise in theory and application of sterile and aseptic technique. You’ll combine your knowledge of human anatomy, surgical procedures, and technologies to facilitate a physician’s performance of invasive therapeutic and diagnostic procedures.
Casual opportunities available at all Surgery Center locations - Eagan, Woodbury, Vadnais Heights and Minnetonka. Must be willing to work a minimum of 2 shifts per month.
How You’ll Help Enrich Patient’s Lives:
- Demonstrates knowledge and practice of sterile techniques in the surgical suite.
- Prepares the operating room, sterile field/table for planned procedure.
- Follows standard procedures/protocols in the preparation of the environment for the surgical procedure.
- Anticipate needs of the surgical team and provide appropriate instrumentation when needed.
- Confines/contains contaminated instrumentation and equipment.
- Participates in all events required to positively identify the correct patient, the correct planned procedure, and the correct surgical site.
- Participates in providing the patient the best surgical experience possible.
- Verifies the presence of correct implants, as needed, prior to beginning procedure.
- Segregates hazardous waste and disposes of it correctly.
- May assist in the reprocessing of surgical instrumentation, if qualified to do so.
- Cleans operating room per facility requirements
- Maintains physician preference cards as up-to-date
- Accurately and promptly completes unusual occurrence reporting when necessary
- Participates in the evaluation of new supplies and equipment and instrumentation
- Accepts and understands the role of the CST in emergency situations
What We Desire:
- Experience as a Surgical Technologist preferred or enrolled in a Surgical Technologist (Degree or Certification) program.
- Will be certified within one year of hire date.
- Current BLS certification.
- Professional affiliation/membership recommended
- Immunization and/or titers as required by the Ambulatory Surgery Center
- Ability to sit or stand for extended (up to 3 hours) periods of time
- Visual acuity to manually assist in procedure as needed
- Able to lift a minimum of 25 pounds of surgical instrumentation
Summit Ortho Total Rewards
- Mon-Fri schedules
- No holidays, weekends or call
- 401K with profit sharing contribution
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, & Vision Benefits
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Gym membership discounts
- Education Reimbursement
- Home & Auto Insurance policy discounts
About Summit Orthopedics
What we have here at Summit is special. We are physician owned and understand the true value of coming together in collaboration to serve others. We work together to provide our patients with the means to achieve an excellent quality of life via orthopedic health and wellness. Our history as a group of physicians grounded in orthopedic expertise is one story, but we believe our story is most meaningful in the context of your stories.
Build the meaningful, impactful career your talent and passion deserve
Surround yourself with teammates who are equally committed to improving and restoring the quality of life of the patients and communities we serve. Receive the personal and professional support you need to be your best and do your finest work. We are seeking enthusiastic, lifelong learners to join our team in a wide variety of professional disciplines at Summit Orthopedics, where you are appreciated and celebrated.
Join our team today!
Summit Orthopedics, Ltd., provides the Twin Cities and Greater Minnesota with the full spectrum of orthopedic care including sub-specialty clinics, walk-in care at our OrthoQUICK clinics, imaging, bracing, therapy, surgery, and post-surgical stays at our Care Suites. Our expert team of physicians, surgeons, physician assistants, certified athletic trainers and therapists are part of the 1000+ employees who partner to provide quality care designed to support a healthier, more active lifestyle.
Summit Orthopedics is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations of federal, state and local governing boards and/or agencies.
- Required: Technical/other training
Licenses & Certifications
- Required: Basic Life Support
- Required: Cert Surgical Technician