Requestion Number: CERTI001482Apply Online
Posted on October 11, 2021
Personal Growth. Expansion. Teamwork. Innovation. Be a part of a truly patient-first environment and an organization that cares about their employees.
The Certified Orthotist measures, designs, fabricates, fits or services orthoses and assists in the formulation of the order or orthoses as ordered by a licensed physician for the support or correction of disabilities caused by neuro-musculoskeletal disease, injuries or deformities.
This is for a full-time position. Monday - Friday, 8am - 4:30pm (Subject to change) Based in Woodbury
(flexibility to float as needed)
Eligible for up to a $2,000 Sign-on bonus (will be pro-rated based on FTE)
- Directs patient care including patient assessment, formulation of a treatment plan and implementation of treatment plan, follow up and practice management within a Certified Orthotist scope of practice.
- Consults with or refers treatment to other health care professionals, as necessary.
- Fits, fabricates, adjusts or modifies devices which reflect his/her level of training.
- Fabricates custom orthotic devices.
- Provides Durable Medical Equipment that would include but is not limited to, cold compression therapy units, bone stimulators, Continuous Passive Motion machines, walkers, crutches, and canes.
- Provides patient education and instruction and utilizes follow-up treatment plans that ensure appropriate outcomes.
- Applies ethical coding concepts and billing procedures, as well as standard practices in patient record keeping and documentation.
- Executes insurance authorizations, letters of medical necessity and any other medical documentation required for insurance coverage.
Other duties and special projects, as assigned.
Summit Orthopedics, Ltd., provides the Twin Cities and Greater Minnesota with the full spectrum of orthopedic care including sub-specialty clinics, walk-in care at our OrthoQUICK clinics, imaging, bracing, therapy, surgery, and post-surgical stays at our Care Suites. Our expert team of physicians, surgeons, physician assistants, certified athletic trainers and therapists are part of the 800+ employees who partner to provide quality care designed to support a healthier, more active lifestyle.
Summit Orthopedics is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations of federal, state and local governing boards and/or agencies.
- Required: Bachelors in Orthotics and Prosthetics
- Preferred: Successful completion of the education, experience and examination requirements for certification and current Orthotist certification required.
- Required: A 12 month NCOPE accredited residency program. Two to five years of experience in providing direct patient care services.
Licenses & Certifications
- Required: Cert Orthotics Fitter