Cert Registered Nurse Anesthetist - Casual
Requisition Number: CERTR002116Apply Online
Posted on January 14, 2023
Personal Growth. Expansion. Teamwork. Innovation. Be a part of a truly patient-first environment and an organization that cares about their employees.
This Summit Orthopedics position is subject to the requirements outlined in the recent Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) Final Rule making Covid-19 vaccinations mandatory for employees in most health care settings, including those in Ambulatory Surgery Centers. Candidates for employment who will perform work within any of Summit’s Ambulatory Surgery Centers will need to be fully vaccinated, which means at least two weeks post final vaccine, or have been granted an approved medical or religious exemption prior to a start date.
A Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) is an advanced practice nurse who works in collaboration with anesthesiologists, surgeons and other physicians and medical professionals to deliver anesthesia for medical and surgical procedures. The Surgery Center CRNA will care for the patient before, during and after a medical procedure or surgery by performing a patient assessment, preparing the patient for anesthesia, administering and maintaining the anesthesia to ensure proper sedation and pain management, overseeing patient recovery from anesthesia and caring for the patient's immediate post-operative needs.
This role is for a casual CRNA role based at the Eagan Surgery Center. Flexibility to float as needed.
Summit Orthopedics, Ltd., provides the Twin Cities and Greater Minnesota with the full spectrum of orthopedic care including sub-specialty clinics, walk-in care at our OrthoQUICK clinics, imaging, bracing, therapy, surgery, and post-surgical stays at our Care Suites. Our expert team of physicians, surgeons, physician assistants, certified athletic trainers and therapists are part of the 1000+ employees who partner to provide quality care designed to support a healthier, more active lifestyle.
Summit Orthopedics is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations of federal, state and local governing boards and/or agencies.
- Required: Basic Life Support
- Required: Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Required: Bachelors in Nurse Anesthetist
- Required: BLS, ACLS and PALS certifications required
- Required: Holds current Minnesota licensure as a registered nurse in the state of Minnesota, and complies with any applicable state statutory or regulatory requirements concerning advanced practice registered nursing.
- Required: Graduate of a nurse anesthesia educational program accredited by the Council on Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Educational Programs or its predecessor.
- Preferred: Minimum of 2 years recent surgery or procedural practice is preferred.