Clinic Patient Registration Specialist
Requisition Number: CLINI002172Apply Online
Posted on March 6, 2023
Personal Growth. Expansion. Teamwork. Innovation. Be a part of a truly patient-first environment and an organization that cares about their employees.
This role is for a part-time opportunity (0.3 FTE or 24 hours per week) primarily based out of our Vadnais Heights Campus. Flexibility to float to all Summit locations as needed. Scheduled at Ortho Quick every other weekend (Saturday and Sunday) for 12 hour shifts; 7:45 AM to 8:00 PM.
The Clinic Patient Registration Specialist provides initial access for all clinic and Ortho Quick patients including responsibility for greeting, registering, verifying medical and demographic information, scheduling follow up appointments, and notifying clinical team of patient arrival. This role also is responsible to provide general support and assistance to patients, teams and perform various administrative activities needed by our Revenue Cycle teams. This role is direct patient facing and requires excellence in providing customer and quality service.
- Provide excellent customer service to all patients, teams, providers and staff by being attentive, respectful and helpful
- Complete all aspects of Registration and Scheduling Standards efficiently and accurately to include: register & schedule patients by collecting needed medical and demographic information; collect, apply and reconcile co-pays and payments; obtain and accurately enter Insurance information; follow all insurance and scheduling protocols to assure accurate and compliant billing
- Prepare next day patient charts for teams; distribute couriered mail, postal mail and faxes
- Communicate with teams/providers, as necessary, to provide a seamless and positive experience for the patient
- Manage and coordinate patient pick up items including records and medical imaging CD’s, while obtaining proper authorization and documentation
- Coordinate interpreters and QRC's as needed
- Assist with rescheduling patients when providers schedules change
- Responsible for ensuring the patient lobby is accessible, neat and orderly
- Performs various administrative duties and other duties, as needed and assigned
Summit Health ASO, provides administrative and clinical support to our full spectrum of orthopedic care services in our sub-specialty clinics, walk-in care at our OrthoQUICK clinics, imaging, bracing, therapy, surgery, and post-surgical stays at our Care Suites. Our expert teams are part of the 1000+ employees who partner to provide quality services and care designed to support a healthier, more active lifestyle.
Summit Orthopedics is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations of federal, state and local governing boards and/or agencies.
- Required: High School
- Required: Minimum of one year customer service experience in a healthcare or medical office setting; must possess basic computer proficiency and speed