Clinical Applications Specialist
Requestion Number: CLINI01304Apply Online
Posted on June 11, 2021
Personal Growth. Expansion. Teamwork. Innovation. Be a part of a truly patient-first environment and an organization that cares about their employees.
Under the direct supervision of the IT Manager, the Clinical Applications Specialist is responsible for support, maintenance, and training for the clinical EHR, PM, Dictation, and PACS applications including user, patient, and interface maintenance as well as simple service requests. Participates in the development of education & training materials for clinical applications and provides training to end-users as needed.
This role will be based at our Corporate office in Woodbury. Typical work schedule is 8 hour shifts with times between 7am and 5pm. On call rotation may be required.
Eligible for up to a $2,000 Sign-on bonus (will be pro-rated based on FTE)
- Participate in meetings with the applications team and other departments to ensure understanding of operational workflows and business goals.
- Assists in the development of thorough and concise training materials for new and existing users.
- Conduct technology and application orientation and training of new hires and re-hires as well as providing training for new applications for existing employees and providers.
- Proactively updates training materials as necessary to ensure accuracy.
- Works with department leaders on issues that can be solved through further training and/or process improvements or redesign of training materials and processes.
- Gathers and develops appropriate training resources (training sheets, policies & procedures, online resources).
- Participates in departmental meetings to ensure that processes are meeting education needs, and meets regularly with project managers to ensure training components are included in all projects.
Summit Health ASO, provides administrative and clinical support to our full spectrum of orthopedic care services in our sub-specialty clinics, walk-in care at our OrthoQUICK clinics, imaging, bracing, therapy, surgery, and post-surgical stays at our Care Suites. Our expert teams are part of the 800+ employees who partner to provide quality services and care designed to support a healthier, more active lifestyle.
Summit Orthopedics is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations of federal, state and local governing boards and/or agencies.
- Required: Associates in Information Technology
- Preferred: Three years of experience in clinic/business processes within the health care industry, preferably in the physician practice setting. Experience training and/or implementing medical software (EHR or EMR, Practice Management, PACS) in a clinical setting preferred. Experience with Allscripts desired.