Comp and Benefits Manager
Requisition Number: COMPA002266Apply Online
Posted on May 15, 2023
Personal Growth. Expansion. Teamwork. Innovation. Be a part of a truly patient-first environment and an organization that cares about their employees.
The Compensation and Benefits Manager fills a key role in managing compensation and benefits programs designed to attract top talent and retain valued employees. The Compensation and Benefits Manager is responsible for administering compensation and benefits operations, including recommending policy and practice improvements in compliance with organizational objectives and government regulations. In addition, the Compensation and Benefits Manager develops tools to assist employees in the selection of benefits, and guide managers regarding compensation decisions. This position is responsible for compensation benchmarking and analysis, merit and performance review process, benefits programs and enrollment, leave administration, policy renewals, total rewards, and employee wellness initiatives.
This is for a full time role based at the Corporate office in Woodbury, MN. Scheduled day hours are Monday - Friday 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM. Flexibility needed from time to time to accommodate physician's schedules.
Essential Job Duties:
Evaluate benefits programs to ensure that they are current, competitive and in compliance with legal requirements and make recommendations for modifications to leadership.
Coordinate and administer health, dental and life insurance plans, disability, flexible spending accounts, retirement savings plans, profit sharing programs, education reimbursement, COBRA, and leaves of absences. Oversee the design and development of tools to assist employees in benefits selection.
Analyze compensation policies, government regulations, and prevailing wage rates to develop competitive compensation plans.
Facilitate compensation changes, including merit and promotions, in compliance with internal policy, equity and compensation philosophy. Develop salary administration programs and conducts annual salary review and market comparisons for organization. Prepares recommendations as appropriate.
Assesses processes, policies and systems, recommends improvements to programs, services and processes, and implements those recommendations.
Take part in compensation and benefit benchmarking activities by actively participating in various compensation and benefit survey tools.
Responsible for supervisory duties including training, monitoring and auditing team productivity and effectiveness; ensuring daily procedures function efficiently and smoothly, interviewing and hiring employees; appraising performance; rewarding and recognition of employees; addressing issues, concerns and resolving problems; creating and maintaining policies and procedures and ensuring the completion of required paperwork, records, documents, timesheets, etc
Process invoices from benefits providers, auditing for accuracy and managing approvals, resolving discrepancies with carriers, payroll and employees. Complete reports for management as requested.
Manage the department budget, including analyzing financial information, comparing actual performance to budgeted performance, and overseeing and/or approving expenses.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Must be knowledgeable of and comply with all confidentiality requirements related to assigned healthcare business activities and management of patient records, including but not limited to compliance and HIPAA regulations.
- Must be knowledgeable of and comply with all safety requirements and practices related to assigned responsibilities
- Capable of relating to diverse age, demographic, and cultural backgrounds.
- Knowledge of wage and benefit laws and regulations.
- Detail oriented, organized and self-motivated.
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks, projects and schedules.
- Strong interpersonal and customer services skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as strong presentation skills.
Summit Health ASO, provides administrative and clinical support to our full spectrum of orthopedic care services in our sub-specialty clinics, walk-in care at our OrthoQUICK clinics, imaging, bracing, therapy, surgery, and post-surgical stays at our Care Suites. Our expert teams are part of the 1000+ employees who partner to provide quality services and care designed to support a healthier, more active lifestyle.
Summit Orthopedics is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations of federal, state and local governing boards and/or agencies.
- Preferred: Bachelors in Human Resource Administration
- Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Human Resources, Business or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Preferred: Minimum of eight years of experience in Human Resources in a compensation and benefits or a generalist role.