Health Information Assistant
Requestion Number: HEALT001396Apply Online
Posted on August 26, 2021
Personal Growth. Expansion. Teamwork. Innovation. Be a part of a truly patient-first environment and an organization that cares about their employees.
The Health Information Assistant is responsible for providing support for the HIS department tasks. Including but not limited to: preparing medical records for EMR, purging, billing requests and payments.
- Assembles patient’s health information records by sorting and categorizing forms, exam results, labs, physical therapy and correspondence.
- Checks to ensure all records and forms are completed and properly identified.
- Operates the scanner and carefully indexes the records into the proper categories into patient’s electronic charts.
- Retrieves chart and x-ray requests daily.
- Follows HIPAA confidentiality practices and follows guidelines when purging charts and x-rays.
- Creates/faxes invoices for medical records, processes requests and receives payments.
- Communicates as needed to various departments and management to address and solve issues.
- Uses computer knowledge within a variety of software programs to maintain health information.
- Makes necessary corrections to patients’ electronic records.
Other duties as assigned.
This position is a casual, temporary role and will primarily be based at the Corporate Campus in Woodbury, MN. Flexible schedule.
Summit Health ASO, provides administrative and clinical support to our full spectrum of orthopedic care services in our sub-specialty clinics, walk-in care at our OrthoQUICK clinics, imaging, bracing, therapy, surgery, and post-surgical stays at our Care Suites. Our expert teams are part of the 800+ employees who partner to provide quality services and care designed to support a healthier, more active lifestyle.
Summit Orthopedics is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations of federal, state and local governing boards and/or agencies.
- Required: High School
- Preferred: Minimum six months to one year of medical records experience and or knowledge of medical documents and HIPAA regulations.