Manager of Purchasing
Requestion Number: MANAG001429Apply Online
Posted on September 8, 2021
- Establishes department policies and procedures, and maintains necessary vendor contract records.
- Manages staff reporting to role, including performance, coaching, employee relations, development and goal setting.
- Direct reports include corporate buyers and logistics coordinator.
- Develops and implements short and long term procurement strategies designed to reduce costs and improve quality and service while meeting Summit goals and objectives working closely with Physicians, operational leadership and staff to ensure these measures are achieved.
- Demonstrates commitment to customer service, working as part of the team to ensure the right products are delivered at the right time and at the right price.
- Maintains ERP system managing all Purchasing components to ensure accurate outputs.
- Initiates and maintains partnerships with external vendors by negotiating contracts for appropriate sources of equipment, supplies, and services.
- Protects Summit resources by establishing policies and procedures that conform to applicable laws and regulations.
- Partners with Finance and Revenue Cycle teams to ensure accurate accounting for supplies and maximization of reimbursement for all goods and services purchased.
- Anticipates Summit needs and requirements by keeping abreast of market and product trends and developments.
- Negotiates with vendors for the lowest costs and incentives and analyzes market price and product mix for competitiveness.
- Coordinates the achievement of cost savings through vendor selections and review, develops favorable contract agreements and resolves delivery and billing problems.
- Creates and executes project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Manages purchasing activities for facility projects working closely with the construction project manager to ensure project stays within budgeted parameters.
Performs related duties as required.
Summit Health ASO, provides administrative and clinical support to our full spectrum of orthopedic care services in our sub-specialty clinics, walk-in care at our OrthoQUICK clinics, imaging, bracing, therapy, surgery, and post-surgical stays at our Care Suites. Our expert teams are part of the 800+ employees who partner to provide quality services and care designed to support a healthier, more active lifestyle.
Summit Orthopedics is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations of federal, state and local governing boards and/or agencies.
- Required: Bachelors