Occupational Therapy Assistant - MN Occupational Health
Requisition Number: OCCUP001859Apply Online
Posted on June 28, 2022
Personal Growth. Expansion. Teamwork. Innovation. Be a part of a truly patient-first environment and an organization that cares about their employees.
Under the supervision of a registered Occupational Therapist (OT), the Occupational Therapist Assistant (OTA) will participate in the orthopedic care and treatment of patients by implementing specific therapy treatment programs designed by the OT.
This is a full-time opportunity primarily working between our our St. Paul/Midway and Eagan Campuses - MN Occupational Health Campus. Monday - Friday day schedule. (subject to change) Flexibility to float to other MOH campuses as needed.
- Administer Work Conditioning and Work Performance programs per Occupational Therapist plan, clarifying treatment instructions and/or conferring with Occupational Therapist, physician and medical staff on patient care issues as needed.
- Educate patients in proper self management care and exercise program.
- Ensure that work areas are organized, tidy and present a safe, accessible, effective, and efficient environment.
- Maintain current knowledge of all attributes of field through continuing educations, literature, and seminars.
- Follow policies and procedures governing the handling of confidential information as defined by Summit Orthopedics.
- Comply with federal, state and local legal and professional requirements by staying current with existing and new legislation
Other related duties and special projects, as assigned.
Summit Health ASO, provides administrative and clinical support to our full spectrum of orthopedic care services in our sub-specialty clinics, walk-in care at our OrthoQUICK clinics, imaging, bracing, therapy, surgery, and post-surgical stays at our Care Suites. Our expert teams are part of the 800+ employees who partner to provide quality services and care designed to support a healthier, more active lifestyle.
Summit Orthopedics is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations of federal, state and local governing boards and/or agencies.
- Required: Associates in Occupational Therapy
- Preferred: Associate degree in Occupational Therapy required. Must be licensed by the State of MN.
- Preferred: Previous Occupational Therapy Assistant experience preferred.
Licenses & Certifications
- Required: Basic Life Support