Patient Coordinator - Spine Service Line Float
Requestion Number: PATIE001453Apply Online
Posted on September 23, 2021
Personal Growth. Expansion. Teamwork. Innovation. Be a part of a truly patient-first environment and an organization that cares about their employees.
Under direct supervision of the Practice Development Manager, the Patient Coordinator will be responsible for managing the clinical support coordination of the patient’s care. Primary responsibility for scheduling follow up appointments, surgery coordination and scheduling, communication across care teams and other Summit departments. Provides other non-clinical activities, in support of patient care, as directed by the physician and/or other provider.
This role is a full-time Patient Coordinator position that will provide primary services to our Spine Team. The role will be based at our Plymouth Campus but will require travel between other Summit locations. (subject to change).
This position is eligible for a $1,000 Sign-on bonus. (pro-rated based on FTE)
- Responsible for answering and responding to patient phone calls, manage team voicemail and email, and appropriately triage patient phone calls, on a daily basis and as appropriate.
- Manage one or more Physician’s daily schedules, clinic and surgery schedules. Responsible for scheduling and logistics for urgent need patients.
- Responsible to support coordination of patient care between team members, other service line teams and/or other Summit departments. Communicate information from Physicians and other care providers to patients and other staff, in support of patient care. Maintain and complete worklist, in coordination with other identified care team members. Accurately enter physician’s orders in to electronic medical record.
- At direction of physician or other care providers, may complete standard (non-complex) patient forms such as FMLA, Short Term Disability, Workers Compensation, and other designated requests. As directed, provide patients with information packet and/or documents in accordance with physician protocols.
- Acts as immediate back-up to other teams within own service line, or back on to other service line teams, as assigned. Assist with voicemail, email and task lists as needed;
- May be responsible for rooming of patients (generally with Spine service line) and initiating visit for physician and other providers, as directed.
Summit Health ASO, provides administrative and clinical support to our full spectrum of orthopedic care services in our sub-specialty clinics, walk-in care at our OrthoQUICK clinics, imaging, bracing, therapy, surgery, and post-surgical stays at our Care Suites. Our expert teams are part of the 800+ employees who partner to provide quality services and care designed to support a healthier, more active lifestyle.
Summit Orthopedics is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations of federal, state and local governing boards and/or agencies.
- Preferred: Associates in Health Administration
- Required: Must have at least 2 years comparable experience in a medical or clinical office setting. Prefer experience in an Orthopedic clinic setting.