Patient Coordinator - West Metro Spine Float
Requisition Number: PATIE001970Apply Online
Posted on September 6, 2022
This position is eligible for a $3,000 Sign-on bonus. (pro-rated based on FTE)
Personal Growth. Expansion. Teamwork. Innovation. Be a part of a truly patient-first environment and an organization that cares about their employees.
Under direct supervision of the Practice Development Manager, the Patient Coordinator will be responsible for managing the clinical support coordination of the patient’s care. Primary responsibility for scheduling follow up appointments, surgery coordination and scheduling, communication across care teams and other Summit departments. Provides other non-clinical activities, in support of patient care, as directed by the physician and/or other provider/clinician.
Position may involve working at any Summit location and/or outreach sites, as assigned.
This role is a full-time float Patient Coordinator position that will provide primary services to a Spine Team in our West Metro locations. The position will primarily work at our Plymouth Campuses but will require travel to various Summit Campuses including Minnetonka and Maple Grove. (subject to change)
- Responsible for answering and responding to patient phone calls, manage team voicemail and email, and appropriately triage patient phone calls, on a daily basis and as appropriate.
- Manage one or more Physician’s daily schedules, clinic and surgery schedules. Responsible for scheduling and logistics for urgent need patients.
- Responsible to support coordination of patient care between team members, other service line teams and/or other Summit departments. Communicate information from Physicians and other care providers to patients and other staff, in support of patient care. Maintain and complete worklist, in coordination with other identified care team members. Accurately enter physician’s orders in to electronic medical record.
- At direction of physician or other care providers, may complete standard (non-complex) patient forms such as FMLA, Short Term Disability, Workers Compensation, and other designated requests. As directed, provide patients with information packet and/or documents in accordance with physician protocols.
- Acts as immediate back-up to other teams, including within own service line or to other service line teams, as assigned. Assist with voicemail, email and task lists as needed;
- May be responsible for rooming of patients and initiating visit for physician and other providers/clinicians, as directed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Summit Health ASO, provides administrative and clinical support to our full spectrum of orthopedic care services in our sub-specialty clinics, walk-in care at our OrthoQUICK clinics, imaging, bracing, therapy, surgery, and post-surgical stays at our Care Suites. Our expert teams are part of the 1000+ employees who partner to provide quality services and care designed to support a healthier, more active lifestyle.
Summit Orthopedics is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations of federal, state and local governing boards and/or agencies.
- Preferred: Associates in Medical Assistant
- Required: High School
- Required: Must have at least 2 years comparable experience in a medical or clinical office setting. Prefer experience in an Orthopedic clinic setting.
- Preferred: Associate degree or completion of a community or technical college program such as medical administrative, health care specialty, or other related program. In lieu of education, an equivalent combination of coursework and previous related experience may be considered.