Requestion Number: PHYSI001445Apply Online
Posted on September 16, 2021
Personal Growth. Expansion. Teamwork. Innovation. Be a part of a truly patient-first environment and an organization that cares about their employees.
Under the supervision of the Physical Therapy Manager, the Physical Therapist will aid in the orthopedic care and treatment of patients by planning, interpreting, and implementing specific therapy treatment programs
- Evaluates, plans and implements patients’ treatment program in coordination with medical staff.
- Administers treatment program per physician orders, clarifies physician’s treatment
instructions and/or confers with physician and medical staff on patient care issues as indicated.
- Recommends physical therapy policies and procedures concerning services provided.
- Evaluates charts and reports on patient’s progress.
- Maintains patient records, charts, and discharge summaries.
- Educates patients and family in proper self management care and exercise programs.
- Conducts and participates in clinic educational programs.
- Assists other therapists in planning treatment programs.
- Participates in improving organizational performance through recommending areas or approaches for improvement activities, performing new procedures, collecting data and providing input to department discussions.
- Participates in establishing job requirements and goals; performs duties at the desired level of competency.
- Ensure that work areas are organized and present a safe, accessible, effective, and efficient environment.
- Maintains currency in field through continuing educations, literature, and seminars.
- Follow policies and procedures governing the handling of confidential information as defined by Summit Orthopedics and applicable laws and regulations. Regularly reviews accuracy, availability, and security of information.
- Complies with federal, state and local legal and professional requirements by staying current with existing and new legislation and advises management on needed actions.
Other related duties, as assigned.
This opportunity is for a full-time role with primary locations of our Eagan campus with flexibility to float as needed. Current schedule is Monday - Friday. (subject to change)
Eligible for up to a $2,000 Sign-on bonus (will be pro-rated based on FTE)
Summit Orthopedics, Ltd., provides the Twin Cities and Greater Minnesota with the full spectrum of orthopedic care including sub-specialty clinics, walk-in care at our OrthoQUICK clinics, imaging, bracing, therapy, surgery, and post-surgical stays at our Care Suites. Our expert team of physicians, surgeons, physician assistants, certified athletic trainers and therapists are part of the 800+ employees who partner to provide quality care designed to support a healthier, more active lifestyle.
Summit Orthopedics is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations of federal, state and local governing boards and/or agencies.
- Required: Bachelors in Physical Therapy
- Preferred: Masters in Physical Therapy
- Preferred: One year of previous physical therapy experience preferred.
Licenses & Certifications
- Required: Basic Life Support
- Required: Licensed Physical Ther