Physician Assistant/Nurse Practitioner – Orthopedic Urgent Care
Requisition Number: PHYSI002280Apply Online
Posted on May 25, 2023
Personal Growth. Expansion. Teamwork. Innovation. Be a part of a truly patient-first environment and an organization that cares about their employees.
This Summit Orthopedics position is subject to the requirements outlined in the recent Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) Final Rule making Covid-19 vaccinations mandatory for employees in most health care settings, including those in Ambulatory Surgery Centers. Candidates for employment who will perform work within any of Summit’s Ambulatory Surgery Centers will need to be fully vaccinated, which means at least two weeks post final vaccine, or have been granted an approved medical or religious exemption prior to a start date.
This Physician Assistant would be part of our OrthoQuick team with a primary location at the Eagan location. The PA would float between all other Summit OrthoQuick locations until then: (Woodlake, Plymouth, Lakeville and Vadnais Heights). Flexibility to float to various Summit teams and locations to provide support throughout the organization. The OrthoQuick providers sees multiple type of orthopedic conditions and provides treatments options to patients. This position is only clinical based and limited involvement in surgical cases.
Schedule will also include every third weekend in a rotation. This position is scheduled for three 12-hour shifts for OrthoQuick coverage (8:00 AM to 8:00 PM) per week. No call required.
Walk-in orthopedic care, OrthoQuick, is a dynamic position seeing various types of orthopedic conditions. Acute and chronic fractures or soft tissue injuries. Helping patients with their orthopedic needs and helping restore their health. Preferred orthopedic or urgent care experience.
Triages patient calls and evaluates patient problems. Responds to emergencies including use of CPR.
Prepare patient for surgery, including positioning, skin preparation, administration of local anesthetic and equipment preparation.
Conducts physical exams, taking medical history, image interpretation and patient evaluation/care.
Consults with physician as needed and refers to physicians for more complicated cases or cases that are not a routine part of a PA’s scope of work.
Orders diagnostic tests and scans and prescribes medications.
Administer injections, participate in suture and dressing removal and manage simple fracture management/cast application and removal.
Counsels patient/family on preventive health care, including pre- and post- operative education.
Documents patient information and care in medical record.
Assists in performance improvement around quality, operational effectiveness and efficiency and patient satisfaction.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Summit Orthopedics, Ltd., provides the Twin Cities and Greater Minnesota with the full spectrum of orthopedic care including sub-specialty clinics, walk-in care at our OrthoQUICK clinics, imaging, bracing, therapy, surgery, and post-surgical stays at our Care Suites. Our expert team of physicians, surgeons, physician assistants, certified athletic trainers and therapists are part of the 1000+ employees who partner to provide quality care designed to support a healthier, more active lifestyle.
Summit Orthopedics is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations of federal, state and local governing boards and/or agencies.
- Required: Basic Life Support
- Required: Masters in Nurse Practitioner
- Required: Masters in Physician Assistant
- Preferred: One year of experience as PA or NP, preferably in clinic setting, preferred. Prior orthopedic experience preferred.
- Preferred: Nurse Practitioner requirements: Current MN RN License, board certification from the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners Certification Program (AANPCP)-Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) or Adult Nurse Practitioner (ANP)
- Preferred: Physician Assistant requirements: Bachelor’s degree, successful completion of accredited physician assistant program, certification by the NCCPA and licensure or eligible for licensing as a Physician’s Assistant in the State of Minnesota
- Preferred: Previous PA experience in orthopedic setting is preferred. Qualified candidates must be licensed as a PA in the state of Minnesota.
Licenses & Certifications
- Required: Registered Nurse
- Required: Cert Physician Assistant