Personal Growth. Expansion. Teamwork. Innovation. Be a part of a truly patient-first environment and an organization that cares about their employees.
The RN works closely in multiple clinic locations with physicians and mid-level providers to provide exceptional outpatient spine care. Duties include but are not limited to: phone triage, patient information and education, coordination of patient care and chart documentation. Using physician consultation, explains medical terms and procedures and provides information regarding prescribed medications and therapies to patients. Identifies patient, family, physician, organization and community resources and makes appropriate referrals. Prepares patient education materials and reviews with patient. Makes patient assessments and participates in collaborative decision-making with the care team.
This part-time opportunity will work closely with a non-operative spine provider team. Part time is defined as a 0.8 FTE or 32 hours per week. Primary focus is treating patients with cervical, thoracic lumbar spine pathology in the clinic setting. Primary locations will be Plymouth with occasional clinics in Maple Grove and Eden Prairie. May need to assist with coverage at outreach clinics as needed (subject to change). Flexibility to float/travel as needed. Scheduled day hours are 7:30 AM to 4:00 PM, typically Monday through Friday but with one day off to match 0.8 FTE.
- Assist physicians in clinic, including but not limited to:
- Taking patient histories
- Presenting patient histories to physician
- Queuing patient films and test results for physician
- Clinical documentation
- Assist physicians in coordinating patient information regarding radiology reviews, orders for therapies, education of patients for procedures and medications
- Conduct phone assessment of patient needs as indicated
- Authorize medication refills per medication refill policy
- Make appropriate referrals for patient utilizing organization and community resources
- Keep timely, appropriate and accurate chart documentation in the patient electronic medical record
- Adhere to infection control and safety guidelines
- Maintain confidentiality in matters pertaining to clinic, patients and employees
- Assist physicians and the care teams in performance of their duties as indicated
- Must be able to travel to outreach clinic sites with physician and be flexible with schedule
- Perform other duties as assigned by administration, mid-level practitioners, and physicians
Summit Health ASO, provides administrative and clinical support to our full spectrum of orthopedic care services in our sub-specialty clinics, walk-in care at our Orthopedic Urgent Care clinics, imaging, bracing, therapy, surgery, and post-surgical stays at our Care Suites. Our expert teams are part of the 1000+ employees who partner to provide quality services and care designed to support a healthier, more active lifestyle.
Summit Orthopedics is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations of federal, state and local governing boards and/or agencies.