Dr. Michael Forseth’s Approach to Care
“Volunteering overseas, in places like Haiti, Columbia, and Honduras, continues to be a positive influence on my practice. My experiences there have broadened my perspective about what I do here — personally and professionally.” Learn more about Dr. Forseth’s international volunteer work in this article: Heroes in Honduras.
Dr. Forseth is a frequent recipient of the Top Doctor designation in Mpls./St.Paul Magazine.
St. Olaf College — Northfield, MN
University of South Dakota School of Medicine — Vermillion, SD
Loyola University Affiliated Hospitals — Maywood, IL
University of Cincinnati — Cincinnati, OH
- American Society for Surgery of the Hand (ASSH)
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS)
- Minnesota Medical Association (MMA)
- East Metro Medical Society
- Voted a “Top Doctor” in Mpls.St.Paul Magazine: 2015 & 2017-Present
- Voted a “Top Doctor” in Minnesota Monthly: 2018
- Sofield Traveling Fellowship as orthopedic resident at Loyola University in Chicago, with additional training in France and Finland
Global Volunteer Work
Dr. Forseth enjoys running, biking, skiing, and watching his children play hockey, soccer, and baseball.
- Complex reconstructive surgery of upper extremities
Survey feedback for replace_with_js
Research in multiple medical journals, including the Journal of Hand Surgery