As an orthopedic surgeon, and hip and knee specialist I strive to help patients restore function and regain lost quality of life. This is done through surgical and non-surgical means. The daily interactions with my patients is the most rewarding part of what I do. I enjoy the discussions about diagnosis and helping to educate people and discuss treatment options.
At Summit, each physician hand selects a team of medical and administrative professionals who work together to care for you, our patient. Read more about our team approach to care.
Kevin Lindgren, MD is an orthopedic surgeon who specializes in hip and knee joint replacement and preservation care.
“I most often treat conditions of the hip and knee,” Dr. Lindgren shares. “As an orthopedic surgeon, and fellowship-trained hip and knee specialist I strive to help patients restore function and regain lost quality of life. This is done through surgical and non-surgical means. I perform many hip and knee replacements each year. As a specialist, I also see many second opinions and revise them when they may fail. The daily interaction with my patients is the most rewarding part of what I do. I enjoy the discussions about diagnosis and the process of educating and treating the individual. “
Hip and Knee Reconstruction and Hip Preservation Surgery Fellowship
University of Utah — Salt Lake City, Utah
Orthopaedic Surgery Residency
University of Nebraska Medical Center — Omaha, Nebraska
Doctor of Medicine
Medical College of Wisconsin — Milwaukee, Wisconsin
University of Wisconsin — Madison, Wisconsin
- AAOS- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
- AAHKS- American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons
- AOA- American Orthopedic Association
Hunting, fishing, golf, hiking
- 2014-2015 University of Utah Department of Orthopaedics Division of Adult Reconstruction: multiple projects
- 2009-2014 UNMC Dept of Pathology and Microbiology project: Development of an orthopaedic mouse model to test biofilm-associated virulence of Staphylococcus epidermidis
- 2010-2012 GIKK Orthopaedic Group: Topics: incidence/need for prophylaxis of DVT in hindfoot surgery and development of ankle valgus after hindfoot fusion
- 2006-2009 MCW: Work in the departments of Ophthalmology and Vitreoretinal Surgery. Topics: Scleral Buckle Procedure, microbiological spectrum of disease and factors that contribute to scleral buckle removal.
- 2002-2004 University of Wisconsin: Undergraduate Honors Thesis through the Department
of Anatomy at the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health. Topics: immunohistochemical analysis of transcription factors regulating skeletal muscle satellite cells.
- LINDGREN K. Anterior Hip Replacements. Allina Nursing Education. June, 2018.
- LINDGREN K. Knee Pain – Preservation, Interventions, and Recovery. Community talks. Numerous dates 2015-present.
- LINDGREN K. Hip Pain – Preservation, Interventions, and Recovery. Community talks. Numerous dates 2015-present.
- LINDGREN K. Complications with Joint Replacement and the Impact on Healing. HealthEast Nursing CME Training. October 2016.
- LINDGREN K. Bacterial Contamination of Operative Splash Basins: A Randomized Controlled Trial. University of Utah Orthopedics Research Day. June, 17, 2015.
- LINDGREN K. The Young Arthritic Knee: Finding Solutions for a Difficult Problem. University of Utah Grand Rounds; Salt Lake City, UT. September 2014.
- LINDGREN K. The Young Arthritic Knee. University of Nebraska Medical Center Grand Rounds; Omaha, NE. September 16, 2013.
- LINDGREN K, Surgical Wounds and Prevention of Complications. University of Nebraska Medical Center Grand Rounds; Omaha, NE. February 4, 2013.
- LINDGREN K, HealthCare Economics: Supply and Demand. University of Nebraska Medical Center Grand Rounds; Omaha, NE. September 10, 2012.
- LINDGREN K, Taiber A, Grier K, Inda D, McMullen S, Fitzgibbons T. (2012, April) Valgus Tilting of the Ankle After Hindfoot Fusion: Is it a Long-Term Problem? Podium Presentation at: Mid-America Orthopaedic Association (MAOA) Annual Meeting; Bonita Springs, FL.
- Carlson M, LINDGREN K, Neary K, Van Demark R, Grier K, Inda D, McMullen S, Fitzgibbons T. (2011, April). The Incidence of DVT after Hindfoot Arthrodesis – Is Prophylactic Anticoagulation Justified? Podium Presentation at: Mid-America Orthopaedic Association (MAOA) 2011 Annual Meeting; Tucson, AZ.
LINDGREN K, Carlson M, Neary K, Van Demark R, Grier K, Inda D, McMullen S, Fitzgibbons T. (2011, July). The Incidence of DVT after Hindfoot Arthrodesis – Is Prophylactic Anticoagulation Justified? E-Poster. Presented At: American Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society (AOFAS) Annual Meeting; Keystone, CO.
- LINDGREN K, Anderson M, Pelt C, Peters C, Spivak E, Gilliland J. Corrigendum to ‘A Chlorhexidine Solution Reduces Aerobic Organism Growth in Operative Splash Basins in a Randomised Controlled Trial.’ The Journal of Arthroplasty. Vol33; Issue4, 2018.
- LINDGREN K, Anderson M, Pelt C, Peters C, Spivak E, Gilliland J. A Chlorhexidine Solution Reduces Aerobic Organism Growth in Operative Splash Basins in a Randomised Controlled Trial. The Journal of Arthroplasty. Vol33; Issue1, 2017; August 24.
- LINDGREN KE, Anderson MB, Peters CL, Pelt CE, Gilliland J. The Prevalence of Positive Findings on MARS MRI in Metal on Metal Total Hip Arthroplasty. The Journal of Arthroplasty. 2016; July. Vol31; Issue7: 1519-1523.
- LINDGREN K, Gilliland J, Fehring T. Use of Stems in Revision Knee Arthroplasty. Book Chapter. Revision Total Knee Arthroplasty 2nd Edition: Bono, J and Scott R Editors. Springer International Publishing; 2018.
- Lindgren J, Thomas V, Olson M, Chaudhari S, Nuxoll A, Schaeffer C, LINDGREN K, Jones J, Zimmerman M, Dunman P, Bayles K, Fey P. Arginine deiminase in Staphylococcus epidermidis functions to augment biofilm maturation through pH homeostasis. Journal of Bacteriology. 2014; June. Vol. 196; no 12: 2277-2289.
- Scherr TD, LINDGREN KE, Schaeffer CR, Hanke ML, Hartman CW, Kielian T. Mouse Model of Post-arthroplasty Staphylococcus epidermidis Joint Infection. Methods in Molecular Biology. 2014; 1106: 173-81.
- Wirostko WJ, Covert DJ, Han DP, Connor TB, Kim JE, Hammersley JA, LINDGREN KE. Microbiological spectrum of organisms isolated from explanted scleral buckles. Ophthalmic Surgery, Lasers & Imaging. 2009 Mar-Apr;40(2):201-2
- Covert DJ, Wirostko WJ, Han DP, LINDGREN KE, Hammersley JA, Connor TB, Kim JE. Risk Factors for Scleral Buckle Removal: A Matched Case-Control Study. American Journal of Ophthalmology. 2008 Sep;146(3):434-439.
- Covert DJ, Wirostko WJ, Han DP, LINDGREN KE, Hammersley JA, Connor TB, Kim JE. Risk Factors for Scleral Buckle Removal: A Matched Case-Control Study. Transactions of the American Ophthalmological Society. 2008;106:171-7.
Dr. Lindgren is an excellent surgeon. He revised my hip, when another surgeon had made a painful mistake. He is compassionate, listens well, and is very skilled. I would recommend Dr. Lindgren without any reservations.
Dr. Lindgren really explained everything so well and clearly so that I could understand. My hip is better now after surgery than it has ever been. I would highly recommend him to anyone.
I first went into his office in a wheelchair and in a great deal of pain. Dr. Lindgren replaced both of my hip joints. He went above and beyond what was expected and made this experience a wonderful success! He teamed up with my other physicians to ensure my special needs were met. His office and staff also were wonderful to work with. Now months later, my legs are straight, equal in length, and I am enjoying life again! I definitely recommend Dr Lindgren to all my friends and family who need hip and knee replacements. And now, my GP recommends him to her other patients as well.
I was very pleased with my interaction with Dr. Lindgren. He was caring and had a great demeanor in his approach to my situation. His assessment of me was very thorough and he was honest about my options. I would HIGHLY recommend Dr. Lindgren to anyone looking into knee replacements. I look forward to seeing him again for my other issues!
Articles and Videos from Kevin Lindgren, M.D.
Ask the Expert
Ask the Expert | Arthritis
Ask the Expert
Meet the Expert: Doctor Bio Video Series