Workers’ Compensation Care
When you’re hurt at work, you need support — both to treat your injury and to provide appropriate and timely documentation for workers’ compensation claims.
For over 30 years, Summit Orthopedics has been a leader in spine care in Minnesota.
We provide medical treatment and management of work-related injuries so that the injured worker can return to the work site as soon as medically safe. The care team at Summit has experience in the workers’ compensation arena and is dedicated to delivering quality spine care and services.
Why choose Summit for workers’ compensation care for a back, neck, or spine injury?
Early diagnosis treatment allows the injured worker to return safely to work and helps keep the cost of medical treatment and lost time at work to a minimum. An injured worker can often see a Summit provider within one business day at our main clinics. We also offer same-day care through our walk-in clinics.
Quality of care is the focus of our treatment plan, and communication is a key part of our approach:
- We communicate with the injured worker, qualified rehabilitation consultant, and employer.
- We provide objective documentation for payers.
- Patients can count on us to assist with the coordination of their healthcare services, including imaging and scans if necessary.
- Summit will coordinate a referral for a functional capacity evaluation (FCE) to learn your abilities and limitations.
- Once a diagnosis is made, Summit physicians will work with you to create a treatment plan. Treatment options include:
- Physical therapy
- Nonsurgical management
- Minimally invasive surgery
- Traditional surgery, if appropriate for your injury
Summit Orthopedics offers comprehensive spine expertise
Summit Orthopedics’ Spine Care program is recognized by the National Committee for Quality Assurance for the comprehensive expertise of our patient-centered care. Our back specialists diagnose spine problems and design custom treatment plans built on a conservative, nonsurgical approach. Most patients find relief through treatments including guided injections, specialized physical therapy, biofeedback, exercise, activity modification, and medication. When conservative care does not relieve symptoms, our highly skilled surgeons offer proven, evidence-based surgical options. Together with you, we will determine the right course of action.
Start your journey to a healthy spine. Find your spine expert, request an appointment online, or call us at (651) 968–5201 to schedule a spine consultation.
Summit has convenient locations across the Minneapolis-St. Paul metro area, serving Minnesota and western Wisconsin. We have state-of-the-art centers for comprehensive orthopedic care in Eagan, MN, Plymouth, MN, Vadnais Heights, MN, and Woodbury, MN, as well as additional community clinics throughout the metro and southern Minnesota.
More resources for you
- Visit our Spine Exercise Libraryfor options to help ease neck and back pain
- See Summit’s treatment optionsfor neck, back, and spine care
- Check out additional information on Summit’s approach to spine care
Proper Lifting Techniques Protect Your Spine
Preventative measures may not be able to ward off back pain completely, but knowing proper lifting techniques can certainly protect you from an avoidable back injury. We’ve got tips to keep your back injury-free the next time heavy lifting is on your agenda.
Workplace Tricks To Ease Arthritic Joints
Less than ergonomic conditions at work can cause stress to the joints of the healthiest individuals; the strain is compounded for workers with arthritis. We have some suggestions to improve your workplace comfort.
A Step-By-Step Plan To Injury Recovery
It’s no fun to suffer an injury, but understanding what to expect during the recovery process can help. We walk you through the steps from injury to full recovery.