Summit’s spine specialists diagnose back and neck problems and design custom treatment plans built on a conservative, nonsurgical approach. In some cases, we use specialized guided injections, which can provide several benefits:
- Injections can help to improve function for a variety of conditions, including sciatica, disc herniation, and facet joint arthritis.
- They can help to relieve pain by reducing inflammation, irritation, and swelling.
- In addition to treatment, injections can be used for diagnosis. An injection can help us to identify the cause of your neck or back pain, making the plan of treatment more focused and leading to a more effective outcome.
- By treating immediate pain, injections can also make it easier for you to participate in a physical therapy program designed to strengthen muscles and resolve the underlying cause of the pain.
The type of injection you receive will be based on your symptoms and physical examination. Here are some of the specialized injections we offer:
- Botox for Chronic Migraine
- Cervical or Thoracic Epidural Steroid Injection (ESI)
- Cervical or Thoracic Facet Joint Block
- Cervical or Thoracic Medial Branch Block (Facet Nerve Injections)
- Cervical or Thoracic Medial Branch RF Neurotomy
- Cervical or Thoracic Nerve Root Injection
- Intradiscal Injection
- Lumbar Epidural Steroid Injection (ESI)
- Lumbar Facet Joint Block
- Lumbar Medial Branch Block (Facet Nerve Injection)
- Lumbar Medial Branch RF Neurotomy
- Lumbar Nerve Root Injection
- Sacroiliac Joint Injection
- Vertebroplasty | Kyphoplasty
Summit Orthopedics offers comprehensive spine expertise
Summit’s spine care team is recognized by the National Committee for Quality Assurance for the comprehensive expertise of our patient-centered care. Our back specialists diagnose spine problems and design custom treatment plans built on a conservative, nonsurgical approach. Most patients find relief through treatments including guided injections, specialized physical therapy, biofeedback, exercise, activity modification, and medication. When conservative care does not relieve symptoms, our highly skilled surgeons offer proven, evidence-based surgical options. Together with you, we will determine the right course of action.
Start your journey to a healthy spine. Find your spine expert, request an appointment online, or call us at (651) 968–5201 to schedule a spine consultation.
Summit has convenient locations across the Minneapolis-St. Paul metro area, serving Minnesota and western Wisconsin. We have state-of-the-art centers for comprehensive orthopedic care in Eagan, MN, Vadnais Heights, MN, and Woodbury, MN, as well as additional community clinics throughout the metro and southern Minnesota.