Summit’s team of experts provide innovative regenerative medicine therapies for those looking for an alternative to traditional treatments. They can treat arthritic joint pain, sports injuries, neck and back conditions—creating an environment to trigger tissue repair and healing.
What is Regenerative Medicine?
Regenerative medicine seeks to decrease pain and improve function by using your body’s own natural cellular mechanisms to accelerate healing, reduce pain and inflammation, and potentially regenerate tissue. Summit Orthopedics offers these treatments in the form of platelet-rich plasma (PRP) and bone marrow aspirate concentrate (BMAC) injections, which contain adult stem cells. Schedule your consultation at one of our Minneapolis St. Paul regenerative medicine locations to explore if regenerative medicine treatments are right for you.
Appointment Scheduling: 651-968-5550
Am I a good candidate?
Regenerative medicine treatments are beneficial for patients who want to stay healthy and active, or who are dealing with chronic joint or soft tissue pain. Exceptions include patients with specific medical conditions, or who are taking certain medications. Overall these injections have demonstrated that they are safe and have no known long-term adverse side effects.
Dr. Steven Stulc is a kind, gentle caring doctor who really listens to you! None better.
Dr. Scofield and his assistant Laura were both very patient about explaining the procedure and I was pleased how things were done.
Dr. Clary is wonderful in that he is thorough when explaining my condition to me. He is genuine and puts me at ease, and I feel like I am given quality attention and evaluation.
Regenerative Medicine - Video Series
10 videos in this series
- What is regenerative medicine?
- What is a stem cell?
- Are regenerative medicine injections safe?
- Bone Marrow Aspiration - Part 1
- Bone Marrow Aspiration - Part 2
- What is a Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) treatment?
- Deleted video
- How can BMAC injection therapy help arthritic knees?
- What are the differences between BMAC and PRP injections?
- What is stem cell (BMAC) injection therapy?
Featured articles from medical publications
- Fitzpatrick et al. “The Effectiveness of Platelet-Rich Plasma in the Treatment of Tendinopathy”
- Gosens et al. “Ongoing Positive Effect of Platelet-Rich Plasma Versus Corticosteroid Injection in Lateral Epicondylitis”
- Levi et al. “Intradiscal Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection for Chronic Discogenic Low Back Pain: Preliminary Results from a Prospective Trial”
- Monfett et al. “Intradiscal platelet-rich plasma (PRP) injections for discogenic low back pain”
- Pettine et al. “Treatment of discogenic back pain with autologous bone marrow concentrate injection with minimum two-year follow-up”
- Pettine et al. “Two-Year Follow-Up Results of Treating Cervical Degenerated Discs with Bone Marrow Concentrate to Avoid Surgery”
- Sampson et al. “Intra-articular bone marrow concentrate injection protocol: short-term efficacy in osteoarthritis”