Dr. Peter Daly’s Approach to Care
“I understand the concern of athletes to get back to their sport. And I work in combination with our therapists to get them fully active.”
Dr. Peter Daly is an orthopedic surgeon, specializing in knee, shoulder, hip, sports medicine, arthritis, and joint preservation and restoration in Minneapolis St. Paul metro area. Because shoulder arthritis has prompted him to adjust his own activities, he brings personal perspective as well as medical expertise to his patients who are dealing with the same kinds of issues. Dr. Daly’s dedication to community health extends beyond his immediate community; he was recently recognized with the Dr. Thomas A. Dooley Award by his alma mater, the University of Notre Dame, for his volunteer medical service with One World Surgery in Honduras and his global commitment to addressing disparities in medical and surgical care for the poor.
Dr. Daly is a frequent recipient of the Top Doctor designation in Mpls./St.Paul Magazine. He serves as Team Physician for Concordia University in St. Paul, MN. Dr. Daly also served as Summit Orthopedics Medical Director of Surgical Services for many years, as a member of the board, and is a long-standing leader in the practice.
Early Arthritis Treatment: Peter Daly, M.D.
Listen to Summit Orthopedics’ experts share the insights they’ve gained in their years caring for those struggling with arthritis symptoms. Featuring arthritis specialists, Peter Daly, MD, and Kristoffer Breien, MD.
University of Notre Dame — South Bend, IN
Mayo Medical School — Rochester, MN
Mayo Graduate School of Medicine — Rochester, MN
Harvard University — Boston, MA
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS)
- American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons (AAHKS)
- Arthroscopy Association of North America (AANM)
- Subspecialty Certification in Sports Medicine, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
Publications, Activities, & Awards
- Co-founder, Holy Family Surgery Center/One World Surgery in Honduras
- Chapter on Honduras work in book to be published by University Press of New England
- Voted a “Top Doctor” in Mpls.St.Paul Magazine: 1999–2001, 2003–2004,2006–2022
- Voted “Top Doctor for Women” in Minnesota Monthly
- HealthEast Foundation Angels of Mercy Award
- HealthEast Physician Community Service Award
- ASCA Nap Gary Award: 2022
- Team physician, Concordia University — St. Paul, MN
Dr. Daly enjoys long-distance running, downhill skiing, spending time with family, and volunteering medical services overseas.
Survey feedback for replace_with_js
Knee Animated Conditions and Treatments Library
Hip Animated Conditions and Treatments Library
Shoulder Animated Conditions and Treatments Library