Joint Replacement: 8 days prior
Getting you ready for surgery, one step at a time.
Discontinue anti-inflammatory medications
Today’s note is an important reminder to stop taking all anti-inflammatory medications (like Aleve or naproxen), vitamins, and natural supplements as of today unless otherwise directed by your surgeon. If you have any questions or concerns regarding this step, please call your care team at 651-968-5201.
Getting your house ready
In addition, now is a good time to make sure your home is a safe place for you to heal after your procedure. Below is a list of things you can do to prepare your home for your upcoming surgery and recovery. These small modifications can make recovery at home more enjoyable and reduce the risk of a fall.
- Remove all throw rugs.
- Check handrails on stairs to ensure that they are all secure and sturdy.
- Remove small objects on or near the floor.
- Put nonstick mats in the showers.
- Secure all loose cords and wires at floor level.
- Store frequently used items at waist level to limit bending at or below the waist.
- Consider installing grab bars near showers and toilets.
- Check the lighting and consider adding nightlights in the hallways.