Summit’s spine specialists diagnose back and neck problems and design custom treatment plans built on a conservative, nonsurgical approach. In some cases, we use specialized guided injections, which can provide several benefits:
- Injections can help to improve function for a variety of conditions, including sciatica, disc herniation, and facet joint arthritis.
- They can help to relieve pain by reducing inflammation, irritation, and swelling.
- In addition to treatment, injections can be used for diagnosis. An injection can help us to identify the cause of your neck or back pain, making the plan of treatment more focused and leading to a more effective outcome.
- By treating immediate pain, injections can also make it easier for you to participate in a physical therapy program designed to strengthen muscles and resolve the underlying cause of the pain.
The type of injection you receive will be based on your symptoms and physical examination. Here are some of the specialized injections we offer:
Summit Orthopedics offers comprehensive spine expertise
Summit’s spine care team is recognized by the National Committee for Quality Assurance for the comprehensive expertise of our patient-centered care. Our back specialists diagnose spine problems and design custom treatment plans built on a conservative, nonsurgical approach. Most patients find relief through treatments including guided injections, specialized physical therapy, biofeedback, exercise, activity modification, and medication. When conservative care does not relieve symptoms, our highly skilled surgeons offer proven, evidence-based surgical options. Together with you, we will determine the right course of action.
Summit has convenient locations across the Minneapolis-St. Paul metro area, serving Minnesota and western Wisconsin. We have state-of-the-art centers for comprehensive orthopedic care in Eagan, MN, Vadnais Heights, MN, and Woodbury, MN, as well as additional community clinics throughout the metro and southern Minnesota.
More resources for you
- Visit our Spine Exercise Library for options to help ease neck and back pain
- See Summit’s treatment options for neck, back, and spine care
- Check out additional information on Summit’s approach to spine care
Dr. Choi treats patients with chronic back pain, and she explains the range of nonsurgical therapies available to relieve pain.
When back pain is keeping you from the activities you enjoy, Summit offers a spectrum of treatment options to help you reclaim your life. Dr. Sabers has some suggestions to help you evaluate your options and choose the best treatment for you.
At Summit, injections are one of the conservative treatments offered for back pain. Dr. Santos explains how injections can be used to diagnose, as well as treat, a painful back condition.