University of Minnesota Medical School — Minneapolis, MN
Connecticut College — New London, CT
University of Minnesota Department of Orthopaedics — Minneapolis, MN
Orthopedic Spine Fellowship, Twin Cities Spine Center — Minneapolis, MN
Board Certified: American Board of Orthopedic Surgery
- Minnesota Orthopaedic Society
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Society for Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
- North American Spine Society
- Strothman D, Templeman D, Varecka T, Bechtold J. Retrograde Nailing of Humeral Shaft Fractures: A Biomechanical Study on Its Effects on the Strength of the Distal Humerus. Journal of Orthopedic Trauma 2000;14:101-104.
- Van Heest, AE and Strothman D. 2009. Wrist arthrodesis in cerebral palsy. J Hand Surg Am. 34:1216-1224.
- 2011 Strothman DH, Schwender JD: “Ch.57 – Minimally Invasive Posterior Lumbar Instrumentation” IN Rothman-Smeone: The Spine. Edited by: Harry N. Herkowitz, MD, Steven R. Garfin, MD, Frank J. Eismont, MD, Gordon R. Bell, MD and Richard A. Balderston, MD. Published by Copyright © by Saunders, an imprint of Elsevier Inc 2011.
- 2011 Strothman DH, Schwender JD: “Ch. 53 – Mini-Open (Wiltse Approach) Decompression/Fusion” IN Advanced Reconstruction: Spine, Edited by Jeffrey C. Wang, MD. Published by AAOS 2011.
Dr. Strothman has multiple ongoing research interests in the field of spine surgery including minimally invasive transforaminal lumbar interbody fusion, minimally invasive lumbar decompression, degenerative spondylolysthesis, adjacent segment degeneration, and the use of intra-operative 3-dimensional imaging.
Sailing, hockey, skiing and golf.