Sports & Active Medicine Video Library
Condition and Treatment Video Libraries:
Ask the Expert Video Series:
- What’s better for athletes – water or sports drinks?
- Are there risks to playing the same sport all year round?
- Are females more prone to ACL injury?
- What is the female athlete triad health concern?
- What should I do after my child has a minor injury?
- When should I seek medical care for a sports or activity injury?
- What’s better for sports injuries – heat or ice?
- How do you know when an athletic shoe is a good fit?
- Do I really need different shoes for different activities?
- When is it safe for an athlete to return to play?
- Is sports medicine only for students and elite athletes?
- What are the most injury prone times of the season?
- What are tips to safely start a new exercise program?
- How do I know if my child has a fracture?
- What are the most common sports injuries in youth sports?
Running – Ask the Expert Video Series:
- How do I choose the right running shoe?
- How can I avoid shin splints?
- What should I do if I have a minor injury?
- When should I see a doctor for running injury?
- How long should I rest after a race?
- How do I prepare for my first 5K?
- What do you think about minimal shoes and barefoot running?
- When should I consider an insert or orthotic?
- How can my stride impact risk for injury?
- What types of cross training are most beneficial for runners?
- What are common knee injuries for runners?
- What are signs I am training too much?
- What do you recommend for hydration when running?
- What are the signs of heat illness?
- How do I know when pain is normal from running versus a sign of injury?
- When and how should I stretch?
Common Reasons Athletes Might Need Hand Surgery
Summit Orthopedics hand surgeon Lauren Smith, M.D., discusses some of the most common reasons for hand surgery among athletes of any sport.
How Can I Get the Best Result from My Total Knee Replacement?
We spoke with Summit sports medicine surgeon Mikhail Klimstra, M.D., about what you can do to get the best result from your total knee replacement.
So, You Have a Knee Ligament Injury. What’s Next?
Summit sports medicine surgeon Mikhail Klimstra, M.D., discusses what’s next when an athlete has a knee ligament injury.