At Summit Orthopedics, we work closely with the physicians to provide state of the art treatment techniques. Hand therapists bridge the gap from medical management of upper extremity conditions to successful recovery, allowing individual to function normally in their daily lives.
Advanced Hand Therapy Expertise
Hand therapists provide non-operative interventions, preventative care and post-surgical rehabilitation for a wide variety of upper extremity disorders. A hand therapist employs years of experience, a team approach, techniques and tools, custom splint/orthotic fabrication for management of pain, swelling, wound and scar care.
Schedule an appointment with one of our hand therapy experts at one of our convenient Minneapolis/St. Paul hand therapy clinic locations.
Appointment Scheduling: 651-968-5201
My therapist is very professional, helpful, concerned about me and my progress, which has me very close now to our goals. The facility is state of the art. It's a pleasure to go there for treatment.
Have had therapy in the past at Summit, and have always enjoyed my experience there with all staff members.
The medical staff, OT staff and registration staff have consistently provided a welcoming, encouraging environment. I would recommend Summit Ortho to others and have already shared with others.
Overall very friendly and customer/patient-service focused. Pleasant and friendly.
I am still working at achieving my mobility goals. I cannot say enough positive things about your dedicated staff.
You guys are the best in the industry and when I need to have more work done I'll be back.
Therapist is concerned about not pushing me beyond my comfort level. I appreciate the ongoing feedback on my progress and enlisting my husband in my treatment efforts.
- Range of motion
- Grip and pinch strength with comparison to “average” norms
- Functional dexterity
Ask the Experts: Hand and Wrist Video Library
17 videos in this series
- What is a Hand Surgeon?
- I think I might have arthritis in my hand, when should I see a doctor?
- What is Carpal Tunnel?
- What should I do if I suspect my child might have fractured their arm or wrist?
- Does tennis elbow just happen in those who play the sport?
- My finger won't straighten. What is wrong?
- Are there treatment options besides surgery for arthritis in my hands and wrists?
- I can't remove my ring, do I have other options than cutting the ring?
- My hand pain keeps me up at night. What's wrong and what can I do?
- Will cracking knuckles cause arthritis?
- I have Dupuytren's Contracture; are there treatments besides surgery?
- How do I keep my hands safe while using a snowblower?
- What to expect after Hand Surgery?
- What is trigger finger and what are my treatment options?
- How can I keep my hands safe and prevent injury when gardening?
- Will typing at a computer for most of the day cause carpal tunnel?
- Common fractures of the upper extremity?
Hand, wrist, and elbow articlesSubscribe
Learn about why jammed finger injuries require immediate treatment.
Learn about the causes and treatment for this finger injury.
Ask the Expert: Hand Video Series
Learn about the factors affecting how long cortisone shot pain relief lasts.
Learn about how cortisone shots provide pain relief.
Awareness of injury risks is the first step to practicing snowblower safety this winter.