At Summit Orthopedics, we work closely with the physicians to provide state of the art treatment techniques. Hand therapists bridge the gap from medical management of upper extremity conditions to successful recovery, allowing individual to function normally in their daily lives.
Therapy Care during COVID-19
- We are currently operating in a reduced/essential staff model to do our part in the fight against this virus.
- We are offering video visits as well as a limited number of in-person visits in Eagan and Vadnais Heights for those with urgent needs due to conditions such as a recent surgery, fracture, or dislocation.
Advanced Hand Therapy Expertise
Hand therapists provide non-operative interventions, preventative care and post-surgical rehabilitation for a wide variety of upper extremity disorders. A hand therapist employs years of experience, a team approach, techniques and tools, custom splint/orthotic fabrication for management of pain, swelling, wound and scar care.
Schedule an appointment with one of our hand therapy experts at one of our convenient Minneapolis/St. Paul hand therapy clinic locations.
Appointment Scheduling: 651-968-5201
My therapist is very professional, helpful, concerned about me and my progress, which has me very close now to our goals. The facility is state of the art. It's a pleasure to go there for treatment.
Have had therapy in the past at Summit, and have always enjoyed my experience there with all staff members.
The medical staff, OT staff and registration staff have consistently provided a welcoming, encouraging environment. I would recommend Summit Ortho to others and have already shared with others.
Overall very friendly and customer/patient-service focused. Pleasant and friendly.
I am still working at achieving my mobility goals. I cannot say enough positive things about your dedicated staff.
You guys are the best in the industry and when I need to have more work done I'll be back.
Therapist is concerned about not pushing me beyond my comfort level. I appreciate the ongoing feedback on my progress and enlisting my husband in my treatment efforts.
- Range of motion
- Grip and pinch strength with comparison to “average” norms
- Functional dexterity
Ask the Experts: Hand and Wrist Video Library
18 videos in this series
- What is a Hand Surgeon?
- Hand Arthritis: When to Seek Help
- What is Carpal Tunnel?
- Child Arm and Wrist Fractures
- Does tennis elbow just happen in those who play the sport?
- My finger won't straighten. What is wrong?
- Alternatives to Surgery for Hand Arthritis
- Tips to Safely Remove a Ring
- Hand Pain That Interrupts Sleep
- Will cracking knuckles cause arthritis?
- Treatment Options for Dupuytren's Contracture
- Hand Safety Using a Snowblower
- Private video
- Private video
- Preventing Hand Injuries When Gardening
- Typing and Carpal Tunnel
- Private video
- What is open reduction and fixation?
Hand, wrist, and elbow articlesSubscribe
Learn about the benefits and risks of conservative and surgical trigger finger treatments.
Do you know the four causes of trigger finger?
A clicking sensation in your shoulder could signal a SLAP tear.
A physician in the family and a love of hockey inform Dr. Delaney’s practice.
Meet the 10 Summit physicians honored as Top Doctors this year.