Sarah Lehnert, M.D., C.A.Q.Schedule an Appointment: (651) 968-5201
Introducing Sarah Lehnert, M.D., C.A.Q.
Sarah Lehnert, M.D., C.A.Q., is a physician at Summit Orthopedics focusing on nonsurgical treatment of musculoskeletal conditions, sports medicine, and ultrasound guided injections.
College of St. Benedict — St. Joseph, Minnesota
University of Minnesota — Minneapolis, Minnesota
Methodist Family Practice Residency
University of Minnesota—St. Louis Park, Minnesota
Primary Care Sports Medicine Fellowship
Hennepin County Medical Center — Minneapolis, Minnesota
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- American College of Sports Medicine
- American Medical Society of Sports Medicine
- Team Physician, Burnsville High School, 2004-2013
- Team Physician, Lakeville South High School, 2011-2013
- Team Physician, Prior Lake High School, 2011-2013
- Team Physician, St. Thomas University, 2008-2010
- Clinical Instructor in Sports Medicine, University of Minnesota North Memorial Family Medicine Residency, 2006-current
- Medical Team Member, Minnesota State High School League Tournaments, 2003-current
- Medical Team Member, USA World Cup Youth Soccer Tournament, 2002-current
- Medical Team Member, Twin Cities’ Marathon, 2001-current
- Fellow, Primary Care Sports Medicine Clinic, Responsible for teaching rotating residents and medical students, 2003-2004
- Team Physician, St. Thomas University, University of Wisconsin-River Falls, Bethel College, 2003-2004
- Team Physician, St. Thomas Academy High School, Visitation High School, 2003-2004
- Medical Team Member, Chicago Marathon, 2003, 2005
- Medical Team Member, City of Lakes Loppet, 2002, 2003
Fishing, fitness, bird watching, photography, spending time with my children
- S. Stovitz, S. Lehnert, and R. Johnson. 2003. Knowledge and Attitudes of High School Football Coaches Regarding Concussion in Athletes. Study in Progress.
- R. Johnson, S. Lehnert, B. Moser, S. Juenemann. Shoulder Instability. Prim Care Clin Office Pract 31 (2004) 867-886
Comment from patient satisfaction survey
Dr. Sarah Lehnert is an excellent physician. She has a great fund of medical knowledge and is able to explain the diagnosis, treatment plan and the purpose of the care. Was very thorough in reviewing my recent MRI. Phone staff are always so pleasant when I call to schedule an appointment and the front desk staff at the Eagan Clinic are fantastic! I recommend Summit whenever I have a member who needs orthopedic care. -Submitted from RN patient
Patient Survey Comment
Dr. Lehnert was fantastic. She was sensitive to my pain and got me into see a surgeon that same day. Two weeks later I had surgery and my pain is GONE!! Top notch.
The first time I saw Dr. Lehnert was about 15 years ago. Result – surgery – each hand – trigger fingers. Then I sought her out for neck and lower back problems – relief in therapy. Then – broken bones in feet – different times. Also, shoulder issue resulting in surgery. For rotator cuff and bicep tear. I would seek her out for FUTURE care as I did for this injury. She is A+++! Staff too.
Dr. Lehnert is an exceptional doctor. She demonstrates compassion, knowledge and dedication to her patients. I’m beyond thankful and appreciative for her care over the years.
Dr. Lehnert is exceptional. After seeing two physicians prior without success in finding an accurate diagnosis, she really listened to my concerns and did everything possible to determine the extent of the injury, keeping my best interest in mind as well as being receptive to my needs. She’s passionate, caring, and advocates for her patients. I highly recommend her and her team.
Dr. Lehnert is well informed, courteous, professional, sensitive, and compassionate.
As a new patient with Dr. Lehnert, I was pleased with the information she gave me, suggestions for PT, the suggestion for a specific physical therapist, guidance to set up appointments for PT. Her general friendliness made me comfortable right at the beginning.
Articles and Videos from Sarah Lehnert, M.D., C.A.Q.
Meet the Expert: Doctor Bio Video Series
Hundreds gathered for a 5K run on a rainy Saturday to raise awareness and engage in the fight to stop human trafficking, with corporate support from Summit Orthopedics and medical support from Dr. Sarah Lehnert.
On Saturday, June 13th, you are invited to join runners gathering in Eden Prairie for a 5K to raise awareness about human trafficking and support the organizations who care for rescued victims.
Summit Orthopedics sports medicine physicians and surgeons have been named Official Physicians of this weekend’s Crashed Ice world championship in St. Paul. CNN ranks the frosty competition among the world’s top 19 global events of the year.
Athletes train hard to win. Training for a lifetime of fitness requires a slightly different approach.