Scott Pepin, M.D.Schedule an Appointment: (651) 968-5201
Spending time with my wife and kids. Hunting, fishing, camping, playing/watching a variety of sports
University of Minnesota Medical School -Minneapolis, Minnesota
Hamline University – Saint Paul, Minnesota
Indiana University Department of Orthopaedic Surgery – Indianapolis, Indiana
OrthoIndy Sports Medicine Fellowship – Indianapolis, Indiana
Team Medical Coverage
Team Physician for Park High School — Cottage Grove, MN
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
- American Orthopaedic Association Emerging Leaders Program
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS)
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- Pepin SR, Wijdicks CA, Griffith CJ, Goerke U, McNulty M, Parker J, Carlson C, Ellermann J, LaPrade RF. A Comparative Analysis of 7.0-Tesla Magnetic Resonance Imaging and Histology Measurements of Knee Articular Cartilage in a Canine Posterolateral Knee Injury Model: A Preliminary Analysis. Am J Sports Med. 2009 Nov;37 Suppl 1:119S-24S.
- Pepin SR, Farr J. Straight anteriorization of the tibial tuberosity in patients with normal patellar alignment. Manuscript in progress
- Cole BJ, Yanke AB, Pepin SR, Farr J. Bone bridge technique. In: Getgood A, Spalding T, Cole BJ, Gersoff WK, Verdonk PC, eds. Meniscal Allograft Transplantation: A Comprehensive Review. Surrey, UK: DJO Publications; 2015.
- Pepin SR, McCarroll T, Maiers GP. Surgeon radiation exposure during hip arthroscopy. Presented at Indiana University Dept. of Orthopaedics Garceau-Wray conference on June 7, 2013. Also presented at Indiana Orthopedic Society 2014 Annual Meeting on April 12, 2014.
- Pepin SR, Wijdicks CA, Griffith CJ, Goerke U, Michaeli S, McNulty M, Parker J, Carlson C, Ellermann J, LaPrade RF. Comparison of 7.0 Tesla MRI and histology measurements in knee articular cartilage in an in vivo canine model. Presented at ORS 2009 March.
- Griffith CJ, LaPrade RF, Pepin SR, Wijdicks CA, Goerke U, Michaeli S, Ellermann J. Untreated posterolateral knee injuries: biomechanical and MRI evaluation of in vivo canine model. Presented at ORS 2009 March.
Articles and Videos from Scott Pepin, M.D.
When it comes to the number of sports your child plays, Dr. Pepin advises that more is better.
Understanding an injury and treatment options can inform expectations and reassure uncertainty. Dr. Pepin talks about the medical resources he shares with his patients.
Summit Orthopedics welcomes fellowship-trained sports medicine surgeon Dr. Scott Pepin to our sports medicine team. Dr. Pepin draws on his own experiences as an athlete to guide his patients through rehabilitation of sports-related knee and shoulder injuries.
There are more than 100 types of arthritis, and they affect approximately 46 million adults in our country. We explain how effective treatment begins with a proper diagnosis.
We explain how this minimally invasive procedure is performed, and the diagnostic and surgical advantages it offers.
Minimally invasive procedures mean more surgery patients are able to recovery in the comfort of their homes. Our tips help you make your home a safe place for stress-free recuperation.