At Summit Orthopedics, we work closely with the physicians to provide state of the art treatment techniques. Hand therapists bridge the gap from medical management of upper extremity conditions to successful recovery, allowing individual to function normally in their daily lives.
Therapy Care during COVID-19
- We are currently operating in a reduced/essential staff model to do our part in the fight against this virus.
- We are offering video visits as well as a limited number of in-person visits in Eagan and Vadnais Heights for those with urgent needs due to conditions such as a recent surgery, fracture, or dislocation.
Advanced Hand Therapy Expertise
Hand therapists provide non-operative interventions, preventative care and post-surgical rehabilitation for a wide variety of upper extremity disorders. A hand therapist employs years of experience, a team approach, techniques and tools, custom splint/orthotic fabrication for management of pain, swelling, wound and scar care.
Schedule an appointment with one of our hand therapy experts at one of our convenient Minneapolis/St. Paul hand therapy clinic locations.
Appointment Scheduling: 651-968-5201
My therapist is very professional, helpful, concerned about me and my progress, which has me very close now to our goals. The facility is state of the art. It's a pleasure to go there for treatment.
Have had therapy in the past at Summit, and have always enjoyed my experience there with all staff members.
The medical staff, OT staff and registration staff have consistently provided a welcoming, encouraging environment. I would recommend Summit Ortho to others and have already shared with others.
Overall very friendly and customer/patient-service focused. Pleasant and friendly.
I am still working at achieving my mobility goals. I cannot say enough positive things about your dedicated staff.
You guys are the best in the industry and when I need to have more work done I'll be back.
Therapist is concerned about not pushing me beyond my comfort level. I appreciate the ongoing feedback on my progress and enlisting my husband in my treatment efforts.
- Range of motion
- Grip and pinch strength with comparison to “average” norms
- Functional dexterity
- Dupuytren’s Contracture (also known as palmar fasciitis)
- Carpal tunnel
- Tennis elbow, golfer’s elbow
- Trigger finger
- Ganglion Cysts
- Shoulder, elbow, wrist or finger stiffness
- Burns or frostbite
- Traumatic or cumulative arthritis
Ask the Experts: Hand and Wrist Video Library
18 videos in this series
- What is a Hand Surgeon?
- Hand Arthritis: When to Seek Help
- What is Carpal Tunnel?
- Child Arm and Wrist Fractures
- My finger won't straighten. What is wrong?
- Alternatives to Surgery for Hand Arthritis
- Tips to Safely Remove a Ring
- Hand Pain That Interrupts Sleep
- Will cracking knuckles cause arthritis?
- Treatment Options for Dupuytren's Contracture
- Hand Safety Using a Snowblower
- Preventing Hand Injuries When Gardening
- Typing and Carpal Tunnel
- What is open reduction and fixation?
- Treatment of Carpal Tunnel
- Does Typing on a Computer Cause Carpal Tunnel?
- Will cracking my knuckles cause arthritis?
- What is a Hand Surgeon?
Hand, wrist, and elbow articlesSubscribe
Common Reasons Athletes Might Need Hand Surgery
Summit Orthopedics hand surgeon Lauren Smith, M.D., discusses some of the most common reasons for hand surgery among athletes of any sport.
Common Pickleball Injuries and How to Recover
Summit Orthopedics hand therapist Shannon Evenson, OTR/L, CHT, shares some common pickleball injuries — and what you can do to get back out on the court quickly.
So, You Overdid It. Here’s What to Do Next
Summit Orthopedics hand therapist Shannon Evenson, OTR/L, CHT, explains what to do if you’ve overdone your summer activities and are having soreness.
How Do You Recognize Hand and Wrist Tendinitis?
Summit hand and upper extremity surgeon J.P. Delaney, M.D., discusses how you can recognize hand and wrist tendinitis.
Can You Break Your Hand Without Realizing It?
Summit hand and upper extremity surgeon J.P. Delaney, M.D., explains whether you can break your hand without realizing it.
Four Hand Stretches You Might Not Have Tried Before
Summit hand therapist Jared Venier, OTR/L, tells you how to maintain strength and flexibility with some hand stretches you might not have tried before.