Dr. Mark LaBelle’s Approach to Care
“My philosophy as a provider is centered on understanding my patient’s goals and how their symptoms interfere with the lifestyle they desire. I work with all my patients to formulate the appropriate treatment plan together. Whether you are an athlete looking to return to sport at a high level or someone who wants to hold your grandchildren without shoulder pain, I will work with you to achieve your goals.”
University of Utah | Department of Orthopaedic Surgery — Salt Lake City, UT
Resident in Orthopaedic Surgery
University Hospitals | Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine — Cleveland, OH
Doctor of Medicine
Northwestern University | Feinberg School of Medicine — Chicago, IL
Bachelor of Science | Biomedical Engineering
Northwestern University — Evanston, IL
- American Orthopedic Society for Sports Medicine
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgery
Spending time with my family, skiing, hiking, smoking meats, avid football fan
- LaBelle MW, Mengers S, Strony J, Peck M, Flannery R, Cupp S, Salata MJ, Parsons EM, Gillespie RJ. “Evaluating the Role of Graft Integrity on Outcomes: Clinical and Imaging Results Following Superior Capsular Reconstructions.” Journal of Shoulder and Elbow Surgery. 2021 Sep; 30(9):2041-2047.
- LaBelle MW, Marcus RE. “CORR Synthesis: What Is the Role of Platelet-rich Plasma Injection in the Treatment of Tendon Disorders?” Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research. 2020 Aug; 478(8):1817-1824.
- LaBelle MW, Knapik DM, Arbogast JW, Zhou S, Bowersock L, Parker A, Voos JE. “Infection Risk Reduction Program on Pathogen Presence in High School and Collegiate Athletic Training Rooms.” Sports Health. 2020 Jan/Feb; 12(1):51-57.
- LaBelle MW, Marcus RE. “CORR Insights®: Is Platelet-rich Plasma Injection Effective for Chronic Achilles Tendinopathy? A Meta-analysis.” Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research. 2018 August; 476(8):1642-1644.
- Kim CY, Sivasundaram L, LaBelle MW, Trivedi NN, Liu RW, Gillespie RJ. “Predicting Adverse Events, Length of Stay, and Discharge Disposition Following Shoulder Arthroplasty: A Comparison of the Elixhauser Comorbidity Measure and Charlson Comorbidity Index.” Journal of Shoulder and Elbow Surgery. 2018 October; 27(10):1748-1755.
- Su CA, LaBelle MW, Ina JG, Sivasundaram L, Nho S, Mather RC 3rd, Salata MJ. “The Safe Zones for Endoscopic Proximal Hamstring Repair: A Cadaveric Assessment of Standard Portal Placement and Relationship to Major Neurological Structures.” Hip International. 2021 Jul 26:11207000211034171.
- Sivasundaram L, Paliobeis A, LaBelle MW, Kim CY, Trivedi NN, Karns MR, Salata MJ, Voos JE. “Demographics, Risk Factors, and Complication/Readmission Rates following Multi-Ligament Knee Reconstruction.” Current Orthopaedic Practice. 2020 Jan/Feb; 31(1):18-22.
- Gibbs DB, Lynch TS, Gombera MM, Saltzman MD, Nuber GW, Schroeder GD, LaBelle M, Hollett BP. “Preexisting Rotator Cuff Tears as a Predictor of Outcomes in National Football League Athletes.” Sports Health. 2016 May/June; 8(3):250-254.
- Schroeder GD, Lynch TS, Gibbs DB, Chow I, LaBelle MW, Patel AA, Savage JW, Nuber GW, Hsu WK. “The Impact of a Cervical Spine Diagnosis on Careers of National Football League Athletes.” Spine. 2014 May 20; 39(12):947-52.
- Schroeder GD, Lynch TS, Gibbs DB, Chow I, LaBelle MW, Patel AA, Savage JW, Hsu WK, Nuber GW. “Pre-existing Lumbar Spine Diagnosis as a Predictor of Outcomes in National Football League Athletes.” American Journal of Sports Medicine. 2015 April; 43(4):972-8.
- Fuchs DJ, Ho BS, LaBelle MW, Kelikian AS. “Effect of Arthoscopic Evaluation of Acute Ankle Fractures on PROMIS Intermediate-Term Functional Outcomes.” Foot and Ankle International. 2016 Jan; 37(1):51-57.
- Louie PK, Espinoza Orias AA, Fogg LF, LaBelle M, An HS, Andersson GBJ, Inoue N. “Changes in Lumbar Endplate Area and Concavity Associated With Disc Degeneration.” Spine. 2018 March 27.
- Brisson GE, Fisher MJ, LaBelle MW, Kozmic SE. “Defining a Mismatch: Difference in Usage of Social Networking Sites between Medical Students and the Faculty Who Teach Them.” Teaching and Learning in Medicine. 2015; 27(2):208-14.
Articles and Videos from Mark W. LaBelle, M.D.
For Summit sports medicine surgeon Mark LaBelle, M.D., listening is the cornerstone of his practice philosophy.
Summit sports medicine surgeon Mark LaBelle, M.D., explains how treating rotator cuff injuries is not a one-size-fits-all proposition.