Always follow your therapist’s instructions for your customized rehabilitation, even if they differ from what you see here.
- Stand with surgical leg on a step with opposite leg hanging off the edge
- While maintaining a tall stance, allow hips to sag on the side of the foot hanging off the step
- Contract muscles so that the leg and hip are raised upward “hiking” the hip upward
- Relax and again allow the foot to drop below step level
- Perform 2 sets of 10-20 repetitions, at least 3-4 times per week
- Repeat on opposite leg
[Click on picture for larger image]